Hello All!, question about power steering and Favorit!

Skodapaul

Hello everyone, newby here with a question for those of you with tech knowledge!

Now you might think I'm insane, but I've aquired an exceptionally nice very very low mileage 1995 Favorit GLXIE Flairline for the wife. She loves it, but struggles to park it due to the slightly heavy steering (and that slippery wheel!)

So... I'm thinking of fitting power steering, now I'm pretty sure the power rack and equipment fitted to some of the felicia's running the same 1.3 Skoda engine should fit straight on, as the felicia uses the same chassis/frame as the favorit, and the engine bay appears identical, may just need to make up some minor brackets for pipes/resevoir, and I can get this lot from a scrap Felicia. So my question to anyone who might know is, am I correct??!! or is there anything that I am missing? I'm pretty sure this should work, as the felicia is only a re-vamped outer panel and interior version of the Fav isn't it??

I look forward to anyone's input. (And please no one say "why don't you sell the Fav and buy a Felicia!!" as I love the styling of the Fav. best of both worlds, later VW quality build but that unique Skoda eastern Euro look!,

Bye for now!!:thumbup:

Fav's and Felicia's do share a few things such as roof panels,engine's of course and other bit's and bob's.I am sure the racks are different part numbers though but as you say if you buy a dead Felicia and have time to play i am sure it will fit.The PAS pump is held on by a different bracket near the alternator,the alternator is also different to cope with the new pump.the plumbing should also fit nice and stug in the engine bay and also a new alternator drive belt.Not sure on fuses ect but late Fav's have same style drop down fuse board like Felicia's.

Good luck with it,Fav's are worth keeping in good nick now they are at the cheap as chips level like the old rear engined cars were a few years back.....but now are worth something,funny how things change !

Just a word of warning on this one, the later felicias that tended to have power steering have a different front subframe to the favorits, they also used different chassis legs at the front, I seem to remember even on felicias that the two different types of front subframe were not easily interchangeable. You might find the power steering rack does just bolt up to a favorit subframe, but dont bet on it.

The felicia was actually changed in many small ways from the favorit, and the felicia itself changed between around 97 and moved even further from the favorit origins. The parts that are interchangebale are basically the engines gearboxes brakes (on late model favorits) and suspensions struts.

Even things like the wishbones (TCA) were subtly altered and wont fit a favorit without modification. The calipers are compatible, but the servo and master cylinder are not a straight bolt in change from the felicia to favorit. For some bizarre reason even the back seat mounts were slightly modified, basically the same style of mounting mechanism but the felicia ones were the other way round from the favorit making seat swaps far more work :D.

As for the fuse box, although the favorit injection one looks the same as a felicia they are a bit different on wiring, I know this as a friend tried fitting felicia mpi injection toa favorit and ran into problems at the fuse box. Ive done the same conversion from a spi to mp felicia no problems.

Just a word of warning on this one, the later felicias that tended to have power steering have a different front subframe to the favorits, they also used different chassis legs at the front, I seem to remember even on felicias that the two different types of front subframe were not easily interchangeable. You might find the power steering rack does just bolt up to a favorit subframe, but dont bet on it.

The felicia was actually changed in many small ways from the favorit, and the felicia itself changed between around 97 and moved even further from the favorit origins. The parts that are interchangebale are basically the engines gearboxes brakes (on late model favorits) and suspensions struts.

Even things like the wishbones (TCA) were subtly altered and wont fit a favorit without modification. The calipers are compatible, but the servo and master cylinder are not a straight bolt in change from the felicia to favorit. For some bizarre reason even the back seat mounts were slightly modified, basically the same style of mounting mechanism but the felicia ones were the other way round from the favorit making seat swaps far more work :D.

As for the fuse box, although the favorit injection one looks the same as a felicia they are a bit different on wiring, I know this as a friend tried fitting felicia mpi injection toa favorit and ran into problems at the fuse box. Ive done the same conversion from a spi to mp felicia no problems.

Kin ekk ! you've done your homework ! The cheap way would be pump the tyres up a little more ! Forgot about all the other bit's,cannot say i have had a problem with the weight of the Fav steering,Felicia's definatly did need PAS !

Kin ekk ! you've done your homework ! The cheap way would be pump the tyres up a little more ! Forgot about all the other bit's,cannot say i have had a problem with the weight of the Fav steering,Felicia's definatly did need PAS !

You know me as dtq elsewhere :thumbup:

Only pop in here occaisionally.