Non xenon headlight adjustment

I have only had the Superb ('04 130 Comfort) a handful of days, but one thing that is annoying me is how low the main beam is, the dip beam is just about acceptable (on highest setting), but main beam is hardly higher at all - just brighter.

How easy is it to adjust them and are there separate adjusters for dip and main beam?

I would like to get the settings to a correct legal height before i upgrade the bulbs (if i then need to)

dsc01036ug0.jpg

I assume the three 6mm allan head plastic screws (circled) are the adjusters? as they have a plastic cog on them - & they dont move when you adjust the height from inside the car

So is it just one adjuster per light? (main, fog & dip)

I have adjusted the 2 top headlight mounting bolts (on the slam panel) fully up - about 1/4", so will try that when it gets dark before making any more adjustments.

Found out that on a Passat the one by the grill (center of car) adjusts the height, with the outside on doing side adjustment - but what's the middle on for??? Or are they treated as two seperate lights i.e. main beam only height adjustable, with dip beam being fully adjustable?

Cant believe nobody knows the answer!

I adjusted the inside ones last night, n/s went 10 full turns to get it up to a normal height (told you they were low!) BUT the o/s adjuster has been broken by somebody previously, so now need to see if the adjuster can be replaced, or even just adjusted directly (by bypassing the plastic cog)

Only just noticed this thread mate but I should be able to answer this question as I work for Hella, the company that manufacturers the Superb Headlamp.

You are indeed correct in assuming that the three adjuster wheels adjust the headlamp, however the three adjuster wheels have different functions.

Refering to your picture above:

The far right wheel adjusts the dipped beam (module) function up and down;

The centre wheel adjusts the dipped beam (module) function left and right;

The far left wheel adjusts the main beam (reflector) function up and down.

If any of your adjusting elements are broken then obviously you will not be able to set the beam pattern as desired......as for setting the lamps legally then you will need to visit your local dealer or MOT centre to get your headlamps beam set.

Hope that helps??!!?!?