Memory seats and mirrors

Hi all

First post, couldn't find anything on the subject but sure it has been covered before.

I took delivery of my Superb at the end of April and love it. 1.6 Diesel SE Business with a good few extras and it have just turned 1K on it, been a quiet month for travelling typically! Love the ACC!

We're having trouble setting our memory seats up to keys. It's all activated on the infotainment system but following the manual doesn't seem to work! Also the mirrors only adjust if you have the switch turned to L - is this normal?

Many thanks in advance!

Matt

The left mirror will only dip in reverse if the mirror adjustment switch is in the L position - this is documented.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Have you saved the positions to the keys yet? the procedure (from memory) is as follows:

• Store your seat position on 1,2 or 3.
  • Set your mirrors.
  • Move the seat slightly using the controls so that it is no longer set correctly (this is important).
  • Press and continue to hold your number, even when the seat gets to your position.
  • While still holding the button, press and hold the unlock button on your key. You'll hear a 'bing' when it's stored.
  • Repeat for the other seat position with the other key.

Now, when you unlock the car and open the door, the seat/mirrors will move to the position associated with the key used.

The seat will only move, when the door is opened.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys just got my Superb the other day.... Can someone tell me does the seat position adjust automatically when the car is unlocked or do you still need to press and hold the memory button on the seat?

I have carried out the steps detailed above.

I went to my dealer, and asked how to connect the switch to the seat, the answer was that it should be available both key can be used Memory Seats, otherwise only one switch is not in the manual that I was given by Skoda is not mentioned that must be available two keys, yet I have not tested whether it really connecting with both seat

Hi guys just got my Superb the other day.... Can someone tell me does the seat position adjust automatically when the car is unlocked or do you still need to press and hold the memory button on the seat?

I have carried out the steps detailed above.

As my post above, if the seat needs to move, then it will only do so when the door is physically, opened once the car is unlocked by a key with a saved seat position.

Can I ask if memory seats are standard on the Superb?

IIRC on SE L driver's seat only is electric with memory function, but on L&K both front seats get this standard. It's an option on SEL, but fairly pricey for just one seat if I remember right.

• Like 1

IIRC on SE L driver's seat only is electric with memory function, but on L&K both front seats get this standard. It's an option on SEL, but fairly pricey for just one seat if I remember right.

On L&K both seats are electric but only the driver's seat has the memory function. Passenger seat has no memory options - just a blank plate where the buttons would be. I've never seen passenger seat memory available as an option for the Superb III, nor its predecessor the Superb II.

• Like 1

Thank you out for clearing that up I now see the plural in the brochure that explains the confusion. Ahhhh to have the seat back in the correct position after the wife has been cuddling the steering wheel!

With the save seat setting to key ticked in infotainment system, I programmed my seats this way.

Step 1. Open car with either key.

2. Store both yours and then other half's seat positions to any of the numbers.

3. Now set seat back to your to your setting by holding the button.

4. Get out and Lock the car.

5. Open with your key and go for a drive. Lock car at end of journey.

6. Open car with 2nd key.

7. Set seat to other stored posn by holding the relevant button.

8. Go for drive and lock car with same key at the end of your journey.

9. Next time you open the car with your key it should start moving your seat to your stored posn as soon as you open the drivers door.

It worked on mine and I read no manual. The car remembers all your settings to your key. The LED lighting on my key is set to blue, my wife likes the red. If she opens it then it's red lighting all round, me it's blue. Temperature of the aircon, drive mode and other veh settings also remembered along with last radio station etc.

Think of it like this, you are the user, your key is your login to your account. Those settings are your desktop, background & user settings. Simples

Edited by blahde2
  • Like 2

Can I ask if memory seats are standard on the Superb?

Drivers memory seat is standard on the SE Business, a nice little extra to have, always makes me smile opening the door and seeing the seat do its stuff. But I didn't realise the key setting also adjusted other car settings I'll have to check that out.
  • Like 1