Skip to content

Hyphons

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hyphons

  1. Took me a little while to decide on an MOT centre that would look after me and I can happily say look after me they have. After a whopping 7 years and 6 months since it's last MOT, We're back!
  2. A bit of a boring post, so don't get excited 😂 absolutely boiling today and it's probably best to not clean a car in the blazing sun but I still have it a shot, I am actually astounded at how well it has come up after all these years, clearly the ceramic coat I had done all those moons ago has paid off. The bonnet is actually very faded at this point, it's been resprayed in the past after having a slight mishap with a deer so that will need replacing (I think it's too far gone to be worth trying to save so a replacement is easier). No polishing here, just a quick blast with the jet wash and polar foam, this was actually before I gave it a quick buff over with some spray on wax The plan is to book it in for an MOT next week and see what happens, no more work to be done unless it's needed to pass.
  3. Yep, that's the ones, with the springs inside the actual struts themselves, I actually think I still have the springs somewhere at my mum's 😂
  4. This was meant to be a weekend job but I just couldn't help myself and got stuck into it this evening after work 😂 the car is no longer in pieces and is now back as it should Horn is now in and working and a small change at the rear you wouldn't really notice which is replacing the boot struts. Many years ago I had the idea of having one of those fangled boot poppers that opened the boot on its own, I got about 80% completed on it and never finished it so the boot would always take your head off when you opened it 🤣 replaced with some OE matching Febi struts which is way better, boot poppers are still in so it opens on the push of a button (generally the button unlatches it but you still have to press the button on the boot to open it 🤦🏻‍♂️)
  5. Holy smokes batman we've got another update. That's mental 😂, pulled the car out to do some jobs with a humongous shout out to @Updown789 for his help once again. We've taken a few steps forward (and some back 😂), sorting the SRS faults and redoing the relays on both the passenger and driver side has cleared those so no more warning lights! Also fixed the DRL bulb that wasn't working by fiddling with the plug. Here's how the car currently looks 🫣. Turns out both the horns are dead, absolutely nothing, zilch, nada, @Updown789 being the hero he is had a volt meter so we were at least able to confirm there's no issues with the wiring and it is definitely the horns that have given up. There are probably, in fact no, there is definitely easier ways to get the horns out rather than dismantling the front end of the car but I haven't got a jack at the moment and going in the easy way is boring 😂. All that's really needed now is a clean, new air filter (on order) and new horn, that's really it, there is a chance it'll fail an MOT on the driver's wishbone but I can at least pick one up from work for £40 so it's not something that would break the bank. Still absolutely blows my mind I've had this 13 years next year, everyone says to scrap it but I just can't bring myself to do it 😂
  6. It'll probably be in the garage at home now for another 5 years 😂 in all seriousness though I want it back on the road this year, then to enjoy it and maybe do some track days as well
  7. Not really a post worthy of an update but dragged the car out and had a bit of a tidy up of the garage so there was a bit more room for the car, got the wheels out the back that have been in there since 2019 😂 Done some basic checks as well, checked the cambelt which looks good, all the lights work, just have a DRL which isn't working so need to replace that, found some oil in the boot along with some gloves which are definitely in need of a wash 😂 plus a bonus of some blue roll, also gave the engine a wipe just to remove some of the residue corrosion that's built up on the block as well.
  8. Pretty much the plan at the moment is get it back on the road to enjoy it 😊 Hopefully it shouldn't need to much work, I've already sussed the issue with the SRS light is likely due to the passenger resistor failing so a nice easy fix. Definitely needs a service/new air filter and needs to be given a real good clean, especially the engine bay, it's gone mouldy 😂 Also need to look at the bushes (MOT advisory) and I want to replace the rear suspension, maybe paint the drums and look at doing the brake fluid too, The tyres all look fine which is good, can't see any obvious cracks in the tread, just need some air in them.
  9. And so it begins 😂 got started on some jobs today, mostly cleaning, all the mould that was inside is no longer there. Before And after For whatever reason I only took a photo of the wheel half way done 😂 Also found some automotive history, the first time I had to put fuel in the car 6/2/13! Also done a scan of the car for a laugh, had about 7 fault codes come up, I really don't think that's too bad! Managed to clear them all as the majority were issues caused by the flat battery, still left with these 2 though so I'll look into this another day. One of them could be the airbag switch which there was a recall for, other could be to do with the resistors for the seats, so should all be easily fixed 😅
  10. An actual update on this project that's worthy of a post for a change 😂 it's finally moved and been on the road, but not legally I'm afraid, just to get it onto the recovery and to my place, can finally start looking at getting it MOT ready, it definitely needs a wash as well 😷 VID_20231223133526.mp4
  11. Hi @lothair sorry to hear you're having issues, but you have posted in the wrong topic so you will most likely not get an answer here! Try posting in the Citigo section to see if anyone has any suggestions. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/216-škoda-citigo/
  12. I thought the 2nd cat was the PPF Trev? Or am I wrong? Be good to know if it makes a decent difference removing it, might have to do the same 😂
  13. Couple of photos of some Cygnets down at the local park plus some bonus shots of the newest resident of the home 😂
  14. In case anyone is still following, she's not dead yet 😂 New battery in today and fired right up, 1 light on the dash for the SRS light so nothing major! 1 step closer to getting it back on the road. VID20221106121930.mp4
  15. Those mounts are ridiculously fragile, that's what snapped on my Citigo when I smacked into a deer 😂
  16. Dusted off the camera to get a couple of shots from Storm Eunice.
  17. You could try Jas at CitigoParts, I'm sure he'd have a black cap in stock
  18. One of the more recent ones, took a while to actually find a reasonable bulb that wasn't stupidly bright
  19. Try Jason at Citigoparts, he might have one https://vwupparts.com/ Send a message direct if you can't see it
  20. If you can find part numbers the Volkswagen Up! does come in cargo form from factory as far as I know, TPS use a couple of VW's locally for parts delivery, you can probably do something yourself, I did find this which is probably a good starting point https://www.carparts-expert.com/interior/dog-guards-dividers/volkswagen-up-2011-present-3-5-door-hatchback-dog-guard-detail.html
  21. Hey, it's probably no help by this point, I feel like it's a 12mm socket for the bolt and you can get a wiper arm here https://vwupparts.com/ Drop a message if you can't see it on their website
  22. It's all one piece I'm afraid, it's fitted to the sill area by the trims that lay along the side of the door, these are just clipped in place, but just be careful when removing as they can bend easily
  23. Not too tedious, maybe a half hour job? The rear seat bench just pulls out, remove the 2 front seats unplugging the wires underneath, remove the handbrake console (single torx screw to the rear cup holder, then slide toward the front and out), then remove the front central console where the gear knob sits (pull the gear knob gaiter up, undo the four torx screws, remove the trim under the radio, pulls down toward the floor and away, can be stubborn and be careful not to damage the clips, (after I removed mine it unfortunately hasn't gone back into place properly since), remove the 2 torx screws at the top of the console, there is then 2 torx screws down by the air vents for the footwell, you then just need to unplug the 12v socket and TPMS plug if you have it, the whole thing should then slide out. The carpet should now be free to pull out along with the padding underneath. Hopefully that's all it is as it was a while ago I pulled mine out 😅
  24. Hyphons replied to Citigo's topic in Škoda Citigo
    It honestly might just be because they're dodgy LED's that are causing the problem, I went through a fair few LED bulbs blowing fuses left right and centre 😂 I've found these from Amazon work perfectly 🙂 you might find when the sidelights are on the LED's don't dim (as they did in mine) but they will dim with your headlights on (the new Up!'s with LED DRL' s as standard have this feature so nothing to worry about with MOT etc.) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0799BZ61C?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
  25. So, what is this project and why did i restart it? I kind of lost some motivation on the the first project thread and sort of gave up, the old topic was kind of messy, unrelated posts etc. and because I started the original project back in 2014 (nearly 2 years ago!) I know if I looked back through it, a lot of photos would be deleted or no longer visible, I'm going to lay out this topic in a similar way to the topic on Mighty Car Mods. When the topic first started out, I had no big plans for the car, how much the car has transformed over the years has been down to 2 main factors, Briskoda.net and Updown789, who I met through Briskoda just over a year ago, his help with the car has been huge and without him, the car wouldn't be what it is today. We've had our moments at times and disagreements, but we have always looked back and laughed about them. (I also mustn't forget Stormchaser, who has also lent a hand or 2 every once and a while and provided a few parts for the car as well as anyone else who has helped me and I haven't named.) Let's get into things.. to keep things short and sweet, I'll post all the major changes that have been made (so I won't bother posting about the Heko wind deflectors etc.).. i'll be honest too, during my time of ownership I have done some mighty **** looking modifications and made mistakes for choosing modifications that haven't exactly looked great.. it's all about learning from your mistakes though.. right..? This is going to be a mighty long first post. 14th January 2013, the day I bought the car, a standard Citigo SE model in Tornado Red with the winter pack (heated seats, electric heated mirrors) and 14" Apus wheels. 12th June 2014 - I crashed. (Not my fault, doing the speed limit and a deer came out and I had nowhere to go.) The parts damaged were: - Bonnet - Headlight - Headlight bracket - Bumper to side panel clip - Inner wheel arch - Side panel - Front bumper 18th July 2014 - Debadged the rear after being motivated to do it by Stormchaser. (Apologies I haven't got a great picture. Also this was done whilst the car was still being repaired.) 24th July 2014 - Finally the car was repaired, having 0 knowledge of cars and how parts worked, I fitted and sourced all the parts myself from eBay & Skoda, the wing I bought did need respraying and due to my lack of knowledge on cars, the person who resprayed the wing, didn't use the cars paint code so, it's not the right shade of red. The wheels were also resprayed black, by again the same person, this was also done on the cheap as I later found obvious runs in the paint and it was done with the tyre still on the wheel. 23rd March 2015 - It begins.. having purchased a incorrectly described headlight switch, which was chrome, I wanted chrome to match the chrome heater controls, turns out it was from an Up! so illuminated red and not green, however this prompted me to wanting to change all the lights in the car to red, as I liked the look and colour, so I got some Volkswagen Up! heater controls & buttons to match. 14th April 2015 - First of many big changes, H&R lowering springs. (35mm.) 19th April 2015 (An educated guess..) - Changed front grille over to a Monte Carlo one from the OEM Chrome one. (Again IIRC, this was originally Stormchaser's.) 21st May 2015 - After noticing my front numberplates were tired and worn I changed them out for some funky 3D effect number plates. 11th June 2015 - Without a doubt in my mind the worst modification I have ever done, I got completely fobbed off by an eBay seller and bought what I thought were genuine leather seats, which it turned out, was just leather sprayed onto the original cloth seats (if you think they look rubbish in the photos, just imagine what they looked like in person! :D) 20th June 2015 - Upgraded the speakers to FLI ones. (No pictures due to limitations on how many pictures can be posted to one single post on Briskoda.) 11th July 2015 - FLI Rear speakers added. (Had none in the rear from factory.) (No pictures due to limitations on how many pictures can be posted to one single post on Briskoda.) 17th July 2015 - Volkswagen Up! radio finally fitted to match the heater controls, also, this is gloss black opposed to the standard plastic look the Skoda Citigo radio has. 22nd August 2015 - Functioning autolights with coming and leaving home function enabled via VCDS. 28th September 2015 - Another addition to the red theme, W8 Interior Light. 2nd October 2015 - Actual leather seats! Okay, not 100% leather, rather a mix of both pleather and leather done by Seat Surgeons in West Yorkshire. 4th October 2015 - Following on with more leather bits, a Volkswagen Up! leather handbrake and Gearknob. 17th October 2015 - Said goodbye to the H&R springs and upgraded to KW Variant 1 Coilovers (secondhand) to lower the car that ever so slightly more. An up to date picture just after the coilovers. 17th - 18th November 2015 - Had the car professionally detailed and paintwork also corrected, 20 hours labour. 3rd December 2015 - Dewipered. (The plastic bung was soon replaced with a flush glass one.) 9th January 2016 - Continuing with the leather theme, MK3 Skoda Octavia leather MF steering wheel. 13th February 2016 - MY16 Skoda CItigo Monte Carlo cherry red centre console fitted. 23rd March 2016 - No photos.. however the car was remapped by EcoTuning with a map from Celtic Tuning.. what this started was a complete change in terms of what route I was taking the car down. 13th April 2016 - Chopped off the resonance chamber from the OEM intake pipe. Now with a remap, I was on the hunt for more power from the 1.0 engine, this one mod is what started a long road to find the best intake pipe I could make/find. 17th April 2016 - More attempts to gain power, with Updown789's help, we de-restricted the filter box. (This was of course smoothed.) 5th May 2016 - Redid the intake pipe with a Silicone bend. And also picked up some freshly refurbished Volkswagen Avus wheels found on the old Volkswagen Cabriolets, these wheels were originally in Updown789's possession however I purchased them from him and had them diamond cut and resprayed by Motura in Ferndown. 13th May 2016 - It turned out the silicone pipe was rubbing on the bonnet, so this was scrapped and using some intake ducting I bought of eBay a year or so back, I came up with a design and found a way I can have a pipe coming from behind the grille direct to the filter box. This will soon again change as this "design" so to speak was revised 3 or 4 times before being final. 17th May 2016 - Again, changed the intake pipe, got rid of the Silicone bend as it really wasn't needed. 24th May 2016 - Took the car again to Motura to have the OEM Skoda Citigo Sport splitter and diffuser fitted as well as a gloss black OEM Volkswagen Up! spoiler. Present (9th June 2016) - Exterior - 2017 Monte Carlo Taillights (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4818255) Lamin-X Yellow Fog Lights Volkswagen golf MK4 Amber side indicators Summer wheels - Atec F1 16" Bronze Alloys (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4927424) Winter wheels - OEM Apus 14" Black Alloys Track wheels - Atec Ultralite 16" Bronze Alloys (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4761617) Rear wiper delete Front and rear mudflaps (OEM) Heko wind deflectors Debadged on the rear Rear diffuser from the Sport model Front splitter from the Sport model Volkswagen Up! gloss black spoiler Interior - 2016 Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo centre console (cherry red) MK3 Skoda Octavia / Superb / MK1 Kodiaq MFSW (Alcantara) (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4884232) Volkswagen Up! radio Volkswagen Up! heater module Volkswagen Golf MK4 Auto Headlight Switch with functioning autolights Front speakers changed Duel cigarette lighter socket (1x cigarette socket 1x duel USB ports) Audi TT Pedals Volkswagen Up! Gear knob Volkswagen Up! Leather hand brake Rear seats and belts removed Corbeau Club Sport bucket seats Carpet and headliner removed Interior trims removed with exception to front door cards and upper centre console Lower centre console removed Engine - Celtic Tuning Stage 1 Remap Custom intake setup (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4856024) Oil Temp Sensor (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4728108) Brakes & Suspension/Handling - KW Coilovers Rear Bilstein B6 Shocks & H&R Springs Front (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4914123) MTEC grooved discs EBC Yellowstuff pads (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4937872) ATE Typ200 brake fluid (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4937872) Wiechers Sport Rear Strut Brace (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4703931) Wiechers Sport Front Strut Brace (Upper) (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4845123) Wiechers Sport Front Strut Brace (Lower) (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4943302) Powerflex polyurethane front top mounts (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4836785) Whiteline rear anti roll bar (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=5040708) VCDS - Tear wipe Autolock after 5MPH Coming home/leaving home lights (30 Seconds) The car has certainly come a long way in the last year. I had originally planned to have it show spec and pristine. I've had a theme of "Black and Red". Then moved onto having an "old style" theme with the old classic wheels and amber side repeaters along with chrome grille. As of current, the future plan is and will be to have the car as powerful as I can make it without damaging the engine and do as many track days as possible. We'll see where it takes me from there.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.