Skip to content

hebdenwill

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by hebdenwill

  1. hi all, I'm going to view a car tomorrow to replace my horrible awful Audi, it's a 59 plate Fabia 3 105 estate. It has a couple of issues advertised (I guess I'll see in person what they're like) but seems a good straight motor; decent service history, cambelt in date, good bodywork. The only thing that's given me pause for thought is that the rear windows are manual - I'm sure that in my last Fabia (a 3) it had electric rear windows. Could this just be something that someone specified when buying it new from the factory? It seems odd... Otherwise it has all the trappings of a '3' - maxidot computer, cruise control, black velour style seats... If anyone can enlighten me / put my mind at rest I'd be most grateful!
  2. I'm curious... I was looking at a 57 plate fabia for sale with the MK2 body the other day. Today, I noticed a very much MK1 fabia...with a 57 plate. Does anyone know why this is? Did they swap production over partway through a 'run' or something like that? I think I've noticed this with some octavias around 2004 / 5 as well! Let me know if it's piqued your curiosity too...
  3. Lovely, thanks for that. I've seen a couple of very nice looking fabia estates darn sarth...
  4. Hi all, I'm going to buy another Skoda soon, I have a budget of preferably under 2.5k and want either a Fabia or Octavia (had an excellent 08 Fabia with a pd105 before but crashed it). I'm looking for something no older than 2008 and preferably under 100k miles but well maintained. My issue is I'm worried about what year they started fitting DPF's, I've read that no 1.9s had them and also that some do. I'd like to to as 'new' as possible age wise but to avoid the DPF. Does anyone have any specific wisdom about this issue? Also, If anyone is selling something like that, let me know, I may be interested..
  5. Nice one, that's good to hear. Thanks!
  6. I've had a look around on the forum but not seen a conclusive answer (I've seen a range actually) When I turn the ignition my glow plug symbol has only been flashing up for probably less than a second. Is that normal? On my 2001 1.9 Octy they would show for a good 4-5 seconds I should add that it always starts beautifully This is a 2008 Fabia
  7. Ah, yeah it does! Briefly, then it makes the long beep and disappears
  8. I don't know, it looks kosher enough but I wouldn't know how to tell
  9. ok thanks folks, well in that case I'm going to stop bothering with it, it's not that big of a problem anyway
  10. I think it was called Carista. So if and when the scan tool tells me there's an improper connection from one of the sonars, what's my move? What I'm asking is, does anyone have experience actually accessing them, since you can't reach from below?
  11. I should clarify; it was me and my friend looking at his little scanning tool in the car park at work. We'll try again with the car in reverse. does anyone have any parking sensor-specific knowledge? given that they're hidden right up inside the bumper they're not easy to get to, is it a bumper off job?
  12. had it on diagnostics for an engine fault the other day but it didn't show up. Would it have needed to be in reverse?
  13. Hi all, My recently purchased 2008 Skoda Fabia estate has parking sensors fitted. The seller advised me that they didn't work when I bought it, so this isn't a new issue. I've watched a couple of videos saying to listen out for a very quiet clicking sound, but none of the four are making this sound. I've shot WD40 at them to try and purge any moisture, this hasn't worked either. It seems like none of them are getting a current. When I put the car into reverse the radio display flashes up as a little car and there's a long beep. Does anyone know what I could do next? Is there some sort of control box for them somewhere?
  14. hi all, tomorrow I'm planning to get the passenger carpet in my Mk1 Octy up and get it clean and dry after the scuttle leak (after all, it's not as if I can go to the pub or see my friends..) My plan of attack is - remove the passenger seat (either fully from the car or just set it on the back seat), then the interior sill trim on the nearside as far back as I can, hoping the carpet will sort of peel up, where it can be held back and cleaned easily. I'm not sure about the hard layer of fitted underlay though - is it laid in sections and can be removed as pieces? or is it one large mat covering the floor plan? And what about the sound deadening? is it a similar situation? guidance is much appreciated!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.