Skip to content

leo837

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by leo837

  1. Same failure mode as previous, worn lobes on the pulley. Might check a breakers yard & failing that try the alixpress option. I've yet to verify but a lot of the Delphi compressors seems to have similar, possible interchangeable clutches & pulleys.
  2. This is an old thread but for anyone looking at this.. the fix doesn't last long, same thing happened again after about 6 months. A more permanent fix seems either a complete compressor change with improved clutch design or perhaps changing just the pulley & clutch to improved design. The original pulley is not compatible with the improved clutch. Hard to source however, this seems to be an option: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005497886208.html I'm dubious of the quality but not many other options. Might give it a go (or try a breakers yard) & report back..
  3. Hello all, I have a 2013 Superb MK II (CFFB engine) with 80k miles on it. The AC has suddenly stopped working with no warning. When the AC is selected on there is no hint of a change in engine load & (from what I remember) no quiet click from a relay engaging. There is no temperature change in the air coming from the vents regardless of the temperature selected on the climate control. I’ve checked the fuse (located between steering wheel & drivers door). I’ve run a OBD scan with no faults found. My question is where do I go from here? Should I consider checking any sensors (I’ve seen mention of temperature & pressure sensors), try a re-gassing or presume its a compressor failure? I’ve had a quick look at the engine bay but cant see anything immediately obvious. In the meantime should I avoid driving the car to prevent further damage? Thanks for any info,

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.