Skip to content

m1kemex

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by m1kemex

  1. They fixed it and appears to be working fine now. Maybe it's me but it seems like they flashed the ECU or something because I noticed that the instant consumption meter, wich is the option I usually have selected in the dash computer, is now being updated very quickly. I also did notice that the mileage improved very sightly. They had to disassemble the head and the turbo intake to get to the injectors; they replaced all gaskets there and those of the injectors. Plus all the mounting bolts of the common rail. Like the rest of you, the problem was that one of those screws fatigued and broke at the head. They didn't tell me which one of the bolts it was, but I have no reason to think it failed differently than what we already now (the one near the first injector). They charged me GBP 60, which I consider reasonable for a repair of this kind. Volkswagen of Mexico (they distribute SEAT over here) and the dealer paid for the rest. I service it in the same place I bought it and intend to remain doing so; perhaps they wised up and are trying to keep me happy. Thank you all, you've been very helpful. This is certainly a widespread issue so I'm still calling the consumer authorities to report it. I'm satisfied with the solution given, but I don't want to hear from someone else to go through this. Fuel leaks are very dangerous and should be approached proactively.
  2. I just got the repair invoice. They are going to replace all gaskets and mounting bolts but they did not consider replacing the rail. Should I insist on that? Mine didn't do long hours loose; perhaps there was no damage. They originally quoted around 200 GBP but they are willing to do it for about 60. SEAT supposedly is going to pay for the parts.
  3. BTW: nice recommendation on listing your engine code. My Toledo runs a CJZD, manufactured in Mladá Boleslav. How do I check the date of manufacture?
  4. No way. I'm calling insurance to have someone tow it to the dealership. They *should* come and pick it, but I'm out of warranty,
  5. My 2017 SEAT Toledo MK IV (110 HP 1.2 TSI) built by Skoda just began leaking fuel from under the bonnet. I did a short trip in the morning and returned home as normal. Then, in the afternoon, I tried to start the car again. It took like 2 seconds for the starter to finally begin ignition. With the motor running the EPC light stayed on so I quickly turned off the engine, only to find the same behavior when I tried again. Since the car seemed to be running fine despite the initial delay and the light, I moved the car outside to close the garage door. However, as I stepped out I begin to notice the gasoline smell and confirmed it when I took a look at the car from outside. It did leak quite a bit; there was a generous puddle where the car was parked and a path up to the next location. All in under one minute. I've never had a fuel leak before on any of my cars so I must admit that I sort of panicked (it's quite a fire hazard! Good thing it was cold). I decided to do nothing (not even take a look at the engine bay) and just take it to the dealer. I'm going to do so tomorrow and see what happens. But I'll make sure to bring a printed copy of this post in case they make excuses.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.