Skip to content

Terry85

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Thanks. that’s a good suggestion I don’t suppose you or anyone has any good contacts in London or thereabouts? Cheers
  2. Yeah I guess you live and learn! it’s a lovely drive, such a shame.
  3. thanks again for replies so you reckon it might just be a seal that needs replacing? How can I be sure? Just wait it out? I’ve spoken to the warranty company to provide a garage willing to take the work, and they haven’t responded.
  4. Hi Thanks. Yeah I can see that from the diagram attached in the previous post however I’m finding that garage won’t take apart as transfer box as they say it needs replacing. The warranty company only cover replacement of components
  5. Thanks all. I’m waiting to take it into a third garage to see whether they can do this. last garage I took it into leak has since worsened. Warranty company are refusing payment based on the fact that transfer box isn’t covered, only components.
  6. Hey All, Any advice would be fantastic as i'm having a hellish time My Skoda Yeti recently was diagnosed with a failed transfer box - oil was leaking from it. It's a Yeti Elegance TSI, 1.8, 2011. The mechanic said it would need completely replacing and components weren't replaceable as were inside of transfer box. The warranty company have asked the mechanic to dismantle transfer box from car to determine the problem. However, as above the mechanic has refused based on the grounds that the transfer box needs replacing and therefore does not want to take transfer box and wait from claim to be rejected or refused and me to have to pay for labour, and for them loosing time whilst car is on lift. The warranty company says they cover transfer box components - it doesn't mention that it covers transfer box, but then again it doesn't mention that it doesn't. However if the components cannot be replaced I don't know what this means. I'm not entirely sure what my question is. I'm at a loss. I've been quoted between £2800-£3100 for parts and labour which I can't afford and I only purchased the car 7 months ago. I'm guessing I'm wondering whether parts/components can be replaced on a transfer box on this car spec - and if not whether the warranty can refuse the claim? Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Terry

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.