Everything posted by Jbeat
-
aftermarket wheels thread
A member on this forum has them in 19”. Imagine this but 1 inch smaller.
- Head unit change?
-
Crackling Bluetooth
I'm also experiencing this issue, MY15.5 car with Canton.
-
Alpine i902D-OC3 with Canton
Hey everyone, I have a 2015 Octavia with MIB1 and Canton sound system. I've been looking at the Alpine i902D-OC3 because I'm not 100% happy with the audio quality of the current system and the Alpine will introduce CarPlay which is nice. I understand the APF-H100D component will be required to work with the Canton amplifier in my car. One person on a Facebook group has told me that he heard running this Alpine system and the APF-H100D with a Canton Amp introduces a buzzing sound or something through the audio. This doesn't seem right as I'm sure Alpine wouldn't sell something that wouldn't offer acceptable audio quality? Has anyone got this system in their car and can they give some insight into whether it runs well? It would be even better to hear from someone running it with a Canton system in the car.
-
aftermarket wheels thread
How are you finding this setup after one year? I was looking at BBS reps from CM wheels but I've noticed I can get genuine brand new BBS SR wheels for not much more. the choice for me with the BBS SR is either 18x8 ET45 or 18x8 ET35 which is exactly your setup here. It looks like it's sitting flush with the arch here and not sticking out of the arches which is good. I don't like it when wheels stick out of the arches and give that sort of monster truck look! How many mm's drop have you got with your Eibach springs?
-
aftermarket wheels thread
Great thanks for confirming mate. Spacers are illegal in Western Australia and it's an easy way to void insurance if the insurance investigators spot them on your car, but I could probably look at an even lower offset like ET35.
-
aftermarket wheels thread
Hey everyone, I got my Octavia recently, it's a Pre-FL 2015 model with 19" OEM Xtreme wheels. I've decided I want to go down to 18" wheels, specifically these BBS reps from CM Wheels when they're in stock. I'll also order some Eibach Pro-Kit springs and changes the shocks to Bilstein B12's too and fit this all at once. https://cmwheels.com/product/18-bbs-ch-style-wheels-gun-metal-vw-audi-mercedes-5x112/ I have multiple reasons for wanting to downsize, being the poor road quality in my area, cheaper tires with more selection available that can fit 18x8 (225/40/18) and I think the 19's look comically big on the car and are also easy to kerb. Judging by what I've seen in this thread, there should be no issue running these 18x8 ET42 wheels on a lowered car, correct me if I'm wrong