Skip to content

gogo110

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gogo110

  1. Hi, I've got a 2023 Fabia Mk4 1.0 TSI 6 speed manual, and even after 6000 km on the clock I cannot consistently get a smooth start from a standstill. What happens is that I give it some gas (about 1.5k RPM), bring the clutch up to the bite point, the car starts to move, I continue to hold the clutch at the bite point, but once the clutch plate engages completely it is as if the car briefly cuts acceleration (resulting in a stutter) before resuming to accelerate normally as I apply more gas. Now, I've tried multiple things to mitigate this, including giving it more gas from the start (about 2k RPM), giving it more gas as the clutch begins to bite, etc. And it sometimes works and I can pull away smoothly, but it is inconsistent and there doesn't seem to be a rule when it will judder and when it will not. The only circumstance under which no stutter occurs is if I pull away without giving any gas (but that is too slow for normal traffic). Now I've owned other manual cars and haven't had this problem before. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.