Skip to content

AndySmith1707

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AndySmith1707

  1. Correction, it's on 1803, not 1896
  2. Hi there. I'm looking at a 3 year old MK4 Octavia that's still on 1896 software. Has a full AA report and all functions are working as they should. Last service was done by a non-Skoda workshop, this maybe why it wasn't updated. It may never have gone wrong, of course. Non-Skoda garage has said in writing that if software problems cause a problem in the first year they will fix it under warranty. The car is a very good price. Am I worrying unnecessarily? I had a bad experience with an early mk8 golf that only behaved when updated to 1941. Any advice would be appreciated.
  3. That's extremely helpful, thanks James. My golf had the mother of all meltdowns last year, but the 1941 update sorted everything. Thanks again.
  4. Hi. I'm new to the forum and am about to switch from a 2022 Golf mk8 eHybrid to a 2021 Octavia IV. I'll be buying from a non-franchised dealer. Could someone let me know what the latest software version is please? The VW is on 1941, I don't know whether Skoda use the same numbers. Also, are OTA updates working OK? Many thanks. Ps, I know all about the VAG software issues from bitter experience, but 1941 has run perfectly for a year.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.