-
Electronic boot struts
I'm not 100%sure but I think the right hand one stopped working and the left one could take a certain amount of the weight but not the full weight. I know this because if i lift it helping it would go up.
-
Electronic boot struts
Yeah didn’t think bout that but it’s really very simple. You have to pop off a small piece of trim at the rear of the side window. Undo the 2 plug clips. Will be obvious which ones. Then follow the strut rubber sleeve and pull out of the bodywork. To remove the actually strut it’s held on by 3 retaining staples that you lever up but not off. This releases the socket off the ball on the car. Am sure there must be a video somewhere. If it helped Skoda local dealer wanted about 440 quid for the job. All in was about 20 mins and 50 quid on eBay
-
Electronic boot struts
Bought the ones on the link below. Was a voucher off them last week. Att photo of the damaged wires below. Probably an easy fix but don’t have any soldering equipment, or skill! https://ebay.io/m/mo0nOh
-
Electronic boot struts
So the OEM ones I ordered never came through off eBay so just bought some generic ones from There. About £45 for one. Very easy job to swap old one out and this one in. Did panic that I hadn’t disconnected the battery first in case it messed with the programming but think as one still connected it was fine. Now works like a charm. Inspecting the old one you can see at least 2 of the wires had snapped due to the play in that junction. In hindsight probably could have connected them again but felt they would be weak still. If you pull back the rubber grommet attaching ti the metal Body you should see if any issues on these wires
-
Electronic boot struts
Morning. By chance I stumbled across someone who had a pair of OEM new old stock that I nabbed (waiting for them to arrive). I saw a lot of Chinese non OEM ones about that had good reviews and was going to grab a set of those and saw these. I’ll let you know if no good! Just need another couple of years out of The superb - hoping to get it past 300k miles
-
dxbajf started following Evening all. New joiner from Sussex Uk. , Electronic boot struts , Slight coolant loss 2.0 tdi and 1 other
-
Electronic boot struts
Morning all. Wonder if anyone on here could recommend which replacement electric Boot struts they purchased (non SKODA ones). After 11 years and god know how many openings I Think back right has gone. I can see a few on eBay / Amazon and guess they are probably all made in same China factory but just checking in. Many thanks in advance.
- Slight coolant loss 2.0 tdi
- Slight coolant loss 2.0 tdi
-
Slight coolant loss 2.0 tdi
Afternoon wonderful folks. Wonder if someone can confirm the location of the water pump for a 2015 tdi. I’ve had a very slight coolant drop last few months (have added about 300ml of Fresh pink stuff). Having a searching bar today I can see a slight pooling below the front side of the engine. Is this likely to be water pump or possibly a hose? Can’t see any coolant in engine oil and no oil in coolant. Photo att with a stick showing location of where can see the coolant. Of course I’m guessing this maybe just where it’s pooling rather than coming from. Many thanks in advance.
-
Odd goings on internal lock
Hello again. Replying to myself as sorted! (For the time). Found the below post and helped understand. Although the pencil Trick didn’t work - a Little manipulation (and a small piece of cardboard to bring the circuit board closer to the surface rocker switch) has worked wonders Sorry for taking everyone’s time !
-
Odd goings on internal lock
Afternoon all. Have had a search and can’t quite seem to see the same issue but wondered if anyone here has had the following: 2015 Superb Estate L&K. Drivers door internal lock / unlock button on door card. The button will work if locking the car (locks all internal doors). However it won’t unlock any doors. To let my hostages free I either lean across and press the passenger door button (which works both lock and unlock fine) or I open the door using the handle which unlocks all doors. Anyone come across this? Coukd it simply be the door switch has lost a contact or is something more tricky in an ECU somewhere ? Any help much appreciated.
-
Evening all. New joiner from Sussex Uk.
Evening all Just signed up and trawling through many a post. New Owner of an old superb. Actually also inherited mum's fabia last year that is being driven by the teenage daughters. so guess im a double owner. So now have a 2015 L&K Superb estate and a 2009 Fabia Diesel. The superb has completely surprised me. its done a mass of miles, is nearly 10 years old but not a single thing is broken on it. not one. the lights, windows, sun roof, heated seat etc all as expected. I picked it up to run for a while as a newly ordered car isnt now arriving for about 6 months+. just sold a VW Transporter kombi T6 that had to get out of by the end of the tax year. so grabbed this superb from the dealier which had been Px'd in. for the cash paid on it - truly amazing. now searching boot liners, phone holders, or any upgrades ! anyway - hello from the UK and well done to whoever responsible for what appears a great supportive forum.
dxbajf
Finding my way
-
Joined
-
Last visited