Skip to content

thomaser07

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. thomaser07 replied to thomaser07's topic in Škoda Scala
    That's perfect tire! What kind of difference in handling do you mean? Were the factory-fitted tires Goodyear for you as well?
  2. thomaser07 replied to thomaser07's topic in Škoda Scala
    what do you use?
  3. thomaser07 replied to thomaser07's topic in Škoda Scala
    I didn't know. I'm from Hungary. 205/55 R16 91V 2,2 -2,3 bar So far, I’ve only tried the factory Goodyear, which is homologated, and the standard Toyo. I noticed that Nexen also has homologated tires. Do you guys take the AO marking into consideration when choosing tires?
  4. The dealership did something to it, but I don’t know exactly what because they didn’t tell me. It has been fine ever since, though.
  5. thomaser07 posted a topic in Škoda Scala
    does anybody use different tire than goodyear? I find the factory Goodyear EfficientGrip too stiff — every road imperfection is felt very clearly through the car. It’s a homologated tire, marked AO, meaning Audi Original. Has anyone switched to a different type of tire? Which one worked well for you? I tried the Toyo Proxes Comfort. It was indeed more comfortable, but at higher speeds it caused a noticeable side-to-side vibration through the steering wheel, so I switched back to the Goodyears. However, they’re not very comfortable. Does anyone else find that road bumps and imperfections are felt this strongly with the Scala?
  6. Yes, unfortunately you should have ordered it together with the car... but the salesperson could have mentioned that too.
  7. He is not mistaken. Unfortunately, after 2024, Smart Link cannot be retroactively activated. It is not compatible with the electrical system—at least that is the official position. In any case, it is quite strange. On my 2023 car, the dealership was still able to activate Smart Link afterwards, for an amount equivalent to about 250 pounds in local currency
  8. When the engine is off, the steering makes a knocking sound if I move it quickly back and forth. Does anyone else have this too?
  9. I used to have a VW Golf 4. I put non-original oil in it, and the shifting became much worse. Then I changed it to the original VW oil, and it was good again.
  10. Thanks. Mine isn’t like that yet. I hear more of a clicking-type sound. When I turn it with the engine off, I don’t hear anything—only when the engine is running, so the power steering is active. Only when turning left, around the 10 o’clock position, something clicks softly once or twice.
  11. I hear a slight creaking, or rather a subtle clicking sound when I turn the steering wheel to the left, for example in a roundabout or during a left turn. The sound seems to come from inside, around the steering wheel. Has anyone else experienced this?
  12. I was at the authorized service center yesterday; they checked it. They said they are all like this and there’s nothing they can do about it. There was once a Kamiq brought in with the same issue; they took the gearbox apart but didn’t find anything. The importer didn’t reimburse them because they said they are all like this. On the 1.0 engine the gearbox is more notchy. They explained it by saying that the gearbox was built with very tight tolerances. I told them that after driving a Japanese car, this feels strange. They said, “yeah… well, this isn’t that kind of car — its gearbox will never be like a Japanese one.
  13. i think, my car has a same sounds. 1.0 Tsi 2023
  14. I will check it. In the meantime, I also read elsewhere that second gear is harder to engage in cold weather. Often it works better if I shift from first into neutral and then into second. I mean that others have complained about this as well.
  15. 1.0 tsi 110 hp 6 speed manual

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.