Skip to content

GrahamD51

New here
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GrahamD51

  1. Thanks for the info. Let’s see what happens.
  2. Thank you. The problem is not totally about OTA updates. The system itself is subject to non-OTA updates. These have to be carried out at the dealership. My system is still on the original update - 0278. Customers are not informed if an update is needed. It is only carried out if problems linked to it are reported. I had no problems until the car was out of warranty, therefore it is chargeable. As for the MyScala app, yes I have it but it won’t authorise me to access the user settings system. The dealer thinks this may be the problem why the OTAs aren’t updating
  3. About a month or so ago I started getting update messages and continually hit update. There is no feedback as to whether it installed or not and I can find no reference in the handbook on installation process. I was going to ignore but it has recently started making intermittent warning sounds — four short beeps followed by a tinkling sound — which I’d never heard before. After investigation by internet I found that My Scala, a 20‑plate, now out of warranty, and is still running Amundsen firmware 0278. The car has never successfully installed an OTA update. I had a main‑dealer service on 24 July 2024, but the infotainment firmware wasn’t checked or updated, because it isn’t policy, even though the successor version 0363 had already been released. The dealer has tried to help, but because the car is out of warranty they’ve quoted £336, as ODIS shows the update as a two‑hour install. From what I’ve been able to gather, this appears to be standard VW Group practice and policy across their vehicles: infotainment firmware is treated as a non‑service item, dealers don’t routinely check it, and owners aren’t notified when new versions are released. Updates only seem to happen if you report faults. If you ask for an update it is chargeable. I also can’t find anything in the handbook explaining how OTA updates work, how they install, or that some updates require ODIS dealer installation. To me, this feels like a terrible way to treat customers, because there’s no way for an owner to know their car is stuck on outdated firmware until faults appear — often after warranty. For anyone with a Scala or other MIB3 cars: have you had similar experiences with firmware updates only being applied if you complain, and has anyone had success with Skoda out of warranty?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.