Everything posted by bonelorry
-
What did you do to your bike today?
Well I lasted 7 Months without a Bike, Put a Deposit on another BMW S1000R Sport yesterday Morning. I have just looked through my old posts on here and noticed that I have said I am packing in with Bikes on more than One occasion, Then a few Months later I buy another. Yes I have a problem, Sorry not Sorry
-
Hot Hatch /SUVs what's your choice
Just looks awful, Cant get on with the Exterior or Interior on the MK8. :(
-
My latest Motorcycle related purchase
Although I am currently without a Motorcycle I am looking for something for this Year, However my Dad sold his entire collection of Bikes a few Months ago to put the money into something else so his 18 Month old Clarke CML3 Hydraulic Bike Lift was surplus to requirements. He asked me if I wanted to buy it and for what I have paid I would have been daft not to say yes. Should make life a lot easier for Servicing, General Cleaning and anything else as rolling about on the floor to remove Fairings on Sports Bikes is no fun...
-
Introducing the New Golf R mk8
Horrendous Styling for me :( I didn't like the MK7 when it came out but its grown on me, The MK8 though just looks wrong.
-
Bonelorrys MK6 Golf Match TDI Daily
Honestly Mate, Buy One! I gave the Wife's 2020 Ford Puma a Maintenance Wash this Morning including Pre Wash, Snow Foam, Contact Wash with 2BM and Autoglym Polar Seal Application. I used the Shorty Gun for everything and it was simply outstanding, I stuck with the Green 25 Degree Nozzle for any Pre Rinsing, Wheels and Wheel Arch work and the White 40 Degree Nozzle for any gentle rinsing etc. I have always found when I try to get into the Wheel Arches with the old Karcher Gun it wasn't manoeuvrable enough and there would always be an amount of Dirt/Grit left around the outer circumference of the Wheel Arch so ended up finishing it off with the Hose Pipe and Hozelock Spray Gun so I could get right in. The Shorty Gun allows you to get right into the Arches and the Interchangeable Heads which alter the Spray Angle made it a doddle. I ran my Hand around after Rinsing the Snow Foam off and there was nothing left behind in there. Its also much nicer to use with the Snow Foam Lance Attached as it doesn't feel weighed down anymore.
-
Bonelorrys MK6 Golf Match TDI Daily
All my bits came this Morning for upgrading my current Karcher Set-Up, Absolute Game changer and well impressed Looking forward to trying it out! Old Karcher Set Up... New Set Up, Autobrite Shorty Gun, 8M Heavy Duty Hose, 2 x Adaptors to upgrade existing Karcher Connections to Quick Release and Quick Release Interchangeable Nozzles 0°, 15°, 25°, 40° and 60° degree sizes... Converted existing Autobrite Lance from Karcher (Top) to New Style 1/4 Male Quick Release Connector (Bottom)... Autobrite Shorty Gun & Lance Combo... Old vs New...
-
Bonelorrys MK6 Golf Match TDI Daily
Something that has been bugged me since I purchased the Car was the Headlight Switch, There was a couple of Hairline Cracks in the Surround and as its me I decided to remove the Switch to see how the surround was attached and then it made it even worse It must have been holding it all together as it was fitted in the Dashboard and then me removing it a piece broke off. Sourced a replacement this Morning locally so went a collected it, £15 and 2 Mins to fit it. Sorted! Before After
-
Bonelorrys MK6 Golf Match TDI Daily
Not really an Update with regards to the Car but decided to Treat myself to a few Detailing Goodies. I have had my Trusty Karcher K2 for a few Years now and in 2018 bought myself an Autobrite HD Foam Lance which I have used religiously with their Magifoam Pre Wash Snow Foam. I have never liked the OEM Karcher Gun as it is just too long and the OEM Plasic Hose between the Pressure Washer and Gun is too short so began looking at options. My Karcher has the older style M22 Screw fitting on the Pressure Washer end and on the Gun the C-Clip fitment, So upgrade options seemed a bit limited but after a bit of research I found a solution. Ordered a few items which should come next Week and hopefully make life a bit easier... : Autobrite High Pressure, New Style Karcher Quick Release Short Gun & 5 x Nozzle Kit : 8M Uprated Karcher Pressure Hose with Quick Release Ends : Karcher Adaptor for the Pressure Washer end from M22 to New Style Quick Release : Couple of Bottles of Autobrite Magifoam
-
Bonelorrys MK6 Golf Match TDI Daily
Had the Golf in with my Trusty Mechanic Today, As I mentioned I have had both of the Rear Brake Calipers replaced aswell as the Brake Fluid Changed. As I suspected the NSR Brake Caliper had Partially Seized on the Handbrake Portion, It was getting worse too and although currently I go push it back by hand so it didn't Bind it would have totally failed so glad I got it sorted before Winter Sets in. The Rear Brake Discs and Brake Pads are still like New so these where left alone.
-
Bonelorrys MK6 Golf Match TDI Daily
17/11/20... It seems I have been cursed with the Dreaded Rear Brake Caliper Failure again, As with my 2 x Previous Fabia VRS's exactly the same Symptoms. I washed the Car last Friday and had it parked on the Driveway for most of the Day with the Handbrake on, I released the Handbrake and rolled the Car under the Car Port and noticed a small amount of Free Play at the bottom of the Handbrake Lever upto the 1st Click which I know was not there previously. I jacked the Car up and sure enough the NSR Wheel was reluctant to turn by Hand, Traced it to the NSR Brake Caliper which is not fully returning on the Handbrake Portion thus holding the Park Brake on slightly. The Cables and OSR Caliper are fine. The NSR Caliper does return when pushed by hand and then the Free Play in the Handbrake Lever disappears so its not binding/sticking enough to cause any problems but its only going to get worse and the OSR is bound to follow so I will be getting a Pair of Rear Brake Caliper's fitted next Week. To be fair the Golf is 9 Years old and they are known to fail on all VAG applications so its something I was expecting to need replacing at some point in my Ownership. I have gone for a Pair of Pagid Refurbished items from Euro Car Parts, The Rear Discs and Brake Pads are like new so I will be leaving those.
-
So I went and bought a Jaaaag
I think I posted in here a while back, My Friend had a Yas Marina Blue M4 but sold it last Year. I have to say I am not a big fan of the Styling on the New Model, Not really on Topic but my Dads having a Mid-Life and he has sold all his Motorbikes and bought a 2016 BMW M5. I have yet to see it or Drive it due to the Lockdown Restrictions but he says it is a phenomenal Car.
-
Bonelorrys MK6 Golf Match TDI Daily
Just got home from Darkside after having the Software Rollback. £120 Inc VAT for the File to be Rolled Back to the Pre-Patch Software and they had it done within 90 Minutes. As mentioned the Previous Owner had the 23R7 Recall done in 2016 with VW before I got the Car so I have never known any different but I can confirm on my way Home the Golf felt instantly Smoother, More Torquey at the Bottom end of the Revs too. Early Days for me to say anything about any MPG improvements but the biggest thing for me was piece of mind as I knew how that the so called "Fix" Software put more the strain on Injectors running them at Higher Presser, EGR Failures and DPF Regens and the impact it had in the long run. Another little Job done anyway
-
AMD's 2 litre 304bhp 162mph Fabia Monte Carlo TDi *6 speed conversion*
I popped into Darkside Today for a Software Alteration and they said you had been in the other Day. Their best Customer he said
-
Bonelorrys MK6 Golf Match TDI Daily
Small Update... Been browsing through the Service History and noticed the Car had a Recall in 2016 with the Job Number 23R7, A bit of Research showed that this Recall was in relation to the famous EA189 VW Emissions scandal. Obviously this is pretty well known on Briskoda as I know many Octavia's and Superbs came with Engines also affected. Obviously I don't know any different as in my Ownership the Golf has always been OK as far as I am concerned however knowing the Current Software that my Car is running is not ideal not just from a Reliability with potential EGR and DPF issues going forward but also Performance perspective I wanted to do something about it. Most Owners have said that going back to the proper File has transformed their Cars. So I have been chatting with Darkside Developments who have confirmed that its a 2 Hours Job and they access the Software and find the Proper File which VW uploaded and Re-flash that Software onto the ECU restoring the Proper File. I am booked in with them first thing on Tuesday Morning to get it done.
-
Bonelorrys MK6 Golf Match TDI Daily
17/10/20... Small update on the Golf, Done a bit of Mileage in the Car over the past Week as I went down to Peterborough from Sheffield last Weekend to visit Family and then from Sheffield to Cleethorpes and back on Monday. Car covered around 500 Miles mostly Motorway and averaged 63MPG which is exceptional. Reason for the trip to Cleethorpes was that I managed to bag a bit of a Bargain off ebay and got a set of 4 x 16" Winter Steels fitted with Dunlop Winter Sport 5 Tyres in 205/55R16 fitment all with 5-6MM of Tread remaining. The Wheels & Tyres were used for 1 x Winter Season on a MK7 Golf but the Seller was changing Cars so the Wheels/Tyres were no longer required. I only paid £170 for the Wheels/Tyres Collected which I was pleased about, I also purchased a set of VW Caddy Centre Caps for just £10 off Facebook Marketplace which are Satin Black and 5x112 so slot over the Wheel Nuts and tidy the appearance. Happy Days! Early start Today and fitted the Winter Wheels, Also gave the Car a bit of a Maintenance Wash including Full Rinse, Pre Wash inc Snowfoam, Wash using 2BM, Autoglym Polar Seal application. Fitted the Genuine Rubber Floor Mats too now that Winter is fast approaching.
-
Bonelorrys MK6 Golf Match TDI Daily
Hello Fellow Briskodians hope you are all well! For those that don't know I had a little Suzuki Swift Sport as my Daily for the past 7 Months and before the Swift I had a MK1 Fabia VRS TDI for 3 Years which was a cracking Car, As time has gone on with the Swift I have never really got on with the 1.6 Revvy N/A Motor and have missed that effortless Driving Style that a Turbo Diesel offers. I have looked for something to replace the Swift with on and off for a few Months but was not 100% Sure what I really wanted, I have owned 2 x MK6 Golf R's in the past and really liked the MK6 Golf as a Car so began looking at the Market. As you can imagine there are a lot of MK6 Golf TDI's about however finding an example that would tick all my boxes proved a little difficult. I wanted... 2011/2012 Reg 2.0 TDI with the CR140 Engine 5 Doors Manual Gearbox Less than 80K Miles Full Service History (Not longlife) Well Looked after Cosmetically Grey or Red Colour With a few Toys fitted if possible I didn't want a GTD as I am going to be getting a Second Car as a Toy so my Daily doesn't really need to be anything too special but I still wanted a nice Car and didn't want a shed. I decided on either Match or GT Spec and depending on what came up first I would go for. I viewed 2 x Cars a couple of Weeks ago and neither were up-to my standards so I walked away. Then I spotted what looked like a nice example on Autotrader at a Small Independent Dealership in Tamworth, I sent a few Emails and asked all my usual questions and decided that it worth going to view so I had a Drive down in the Swift. First impressions were spot on, The Golf was well presented and had clearly been well looked after, I went for a little Test Drive and when I got back to the Dealer we discussed some figures and I did a Deal. The Golf was up at strong Money but I did feel it was worth it based on its Condition, Low Mileage, Full Service History & Spec. They took a real interest in the Suzuki too and made me such a good offer I ended up trading the Swift Sport in and basically it was a straight swap! Happy Days. The Car... MK6 Golf TDI in Match Spec 2.0 CR 140BHP Engine 2011/61 Plate 1 Previous Owner 50600 Miles Full Service History, 9 Stamps in the Book done every 12 Months Manual Gearbox United/Steel Grey The Car is also pretty well specced and has Full Leather with Heated Fronts, Cruise Control, RCD 510 DAB Head Unit with Bluetooth, Dual Zone Climate Control, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Front Fogs, Folding Mirrors, Genuine Mudflaps, Genuine Boot Liner, 2 x Sets of Genuine Floor Mats Carpet & Rubber. The Dealership also put a fresh MOT on the Golf and also had an Oil & Filter Service Carried out with a Brake Fluid change too. I collected the Golf Yesterday Morning and drove it back to Sheffield from Tamworth, Within 10 Miles I instantly knew I had made the right decision and the Golf will be absolutely perfect for my needs as a Daily. I have cracked on an given the Golf its first Detail, Spent 3 Hours on it Yesterday after the Car had cooled Down and another 6 Hours Today so around 9 Hours in Total. Happy with how the Car has come out to be honest, Its not a Show Car but for a 9 Year old Golf its not bad. Still have a few Jobs left to do including Brake Caliper Paint, Replace the Centre Caps & Wheel Nut Covers on the Alloys as they are discoloured but that can wait until Next Week. What I did... Yesterday... I glanced into the Wheel Arches and could see a fair amount of Mud in there just from general use but obviously not an area that has seen much attention from the previous Owner so firstly I... : Place Car on Axle Stands, All 4 x Wheels Removed, Wheel Arches Fully Deep Cleaned using pressure Washer and various Brushes, Then APC and Rinsed again. : Alloys thoroughly Cleaned using Bilberry and then Washed by Hand using Microfibre Mitt. : Refitted Wheels : Tyres Dressed using Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care, Wiped with Microfibre. Today... : Full thorough Rinse of entire Car using Karcher K2. : Pre-Wash using Autobrite HD Snow Foam Lance and Magifoam, Left for 5 Minutes to Dwell. : Full thorough Rinse. : 2-Bucket Wash using Meguairs Gold Class Shampoo & Lambswool Mitt. : Towel Dried using Elite Car Care Plush Drying Towel. : Paint Decontamination using Carpro Iron-X fallout remover, Left for 5 Mins, Agitated with a Soft Sponge. : Thoroughly Rinsed. : Towel Dried again. : Full Tar Removal, Applied Carpro Tar-X, Left for 5 Mins. : Thoroughly Rinsed. : 2 Bucket Wash again. : Clayed using Meguiars Medium Clay and Quick Detailer Spray as Lubricant. : Rinsed. : Towel Dried. : Poorboys Black Hole applied with Soft Applicator and left for 10 Minutes to Haze, Removed with Microfibre Cloth : Waxed the car using Collinites No:845 liquid insulator wax, The bottle was placed in warm water to help separate the wax and turn it into liquid, Then given a good shake before application. Using a soft applicator to apply, Left 30 mins to cure and Elite buffing towel to remove. Other Exterior... : Autoglym Fast Glass on all Windows. : Autoglym Glass Polish on all Windows except Front Screen. : All Plastics, Mudguards, Wheel Arch Liners Dressed using Aerospace 303. : Engine Bay given a mild De-Grease. : Dressed using Autolym Vinyl and Rubber Care and Microfibre to wipe off excess. I also did a couple of checks on the Car as its New to me, Checked all the Tyre Pressures and adjusted them including Spare, Checked all Fluids, Oil/Coolant/Brake Fluid/Screen Wash and Fitted some New Bosch Wipers. A couple of Pics of my efforts... Pre Wash Decontamination Iron-X Tar-X Clay, This removed a considerable amount from the Paint. Obviously done in Sections working Top to Bottom folding the Clay each time and using multiple pieces. Glaze & Wax Bosch Wipers Engine Bay Finished Article...