Skip to content

Statto

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Hi folks. Just posting on here to warn others about using this company based in Bury St Edmund's. Poor quality work, aggressive customer service and biggest waste of £80 per wheel. Took 2 18"diamond cut VW Cadiz alloys in for full refurbishment. Dropped off one Monday last August and got a call on Wednesday to say the wheels were ready. Strange given you're told a full diamond cut refurb takes 4 days. And mine were ready after 2 days. Was not happy with the finish, as the straight line diamond cut effect was more jagged edge (see join between black and silver surfaces in photos). Also note the orange peel effect on one of the spokes. General manager inspected alloys and said they were the best they could do, so I reluctantly accepted. Due to the finish that doesn't match the 2 original, non-refurbished alloys, I've been embarrassed to put them on the car, so have been using one of the refurbished alloys as a full size spare, as I have another set of 19" alloys on the car. Had reason to use the refurbished alloy last week when one of my 19" tyres got a puncture. Only had it on the car for less than a week and already corrosion is setting in under the lacquer (see photos). Took the wheels back to the company today who said that their work is only guaranteed for 6 months and they'd be a cost for them to work on them again. Given that a diamond cut alloy can only be refurbished once or twice, there is no way I would let them anywhere near the alloy again. Avoid like the plague. In hindsight I wish I'd used Lepsons in Kent.
  2. As a member of vwroc, members on there also advocate Motorway. I'm in a similarly fortunate position, as we bought our then-private lease car off VWFS for £20k in April 2020, only for it to be valued at £25.5k by wbac last week. With being in a 2 car household, and working from home expected until Mar 2022, I'm tempted to cash in and live as a 1 car household until things hopefully settle down next year.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.