Stereo, speakers, mp3 and handsfree!

Hi,

Have a 03 Elegance with a Symphony Head Unit.

1) 2 speakers need replacing - as they have a nasty rattle! Both on the passenger side and both door mounted. Does anyone have any recommendations? Change both sides? Any brand the right size? etc etc

2) I need to get the Head Unit out the try and reconnect my parrot bluetooth, whilst it is out I'm considering trying to find the best way to connect up an mp3 player. It the moment I have a Creative Zen, but would be prepared to move to an ipod of ot made life easier.

3) The last time I tried to connect the parrot, I didn't have much look - are these still the preferred option for people? Good experiences?

Many thanks

Matthew

(Nr Tamworth, if anyone can recommend a supplier)

Hiya,

Speakers should be replaced in pairs, so do both sides. I think the size is 16.5CM or 17CM, they are the same. I think you need a mounting kit (VW passat) for them though, as the originals are riveted into the doors.

I have a parrot, but halfords fitted mine and they did an amazing job. Thoroughly recommended bit of kit!!

As for the mp3 player, buy a fm transmitter...I gave up though and in the end replaced the whole symphony stereo with a sony one with usb and 3.5mm jack inputs!

Hello!

Got also plain Symphony in the past and wanted to have USB, mp3 and Bluetooth HF. I did go for Blaupunkt Hamburg MP68 having all needed features. With Blaupunkt's CAN-bus interface cable-set installation was basicly plug'n'play. Power is switched on/off like with Symphony. Gala and illumination features work nicely as well. The factory installed steering wheel RC should also work, unfortenately I don't have that feature...:( I've been very satisfied with my bluedot, especially with HF.

• 1 month later...