superb 1.8t oil warning

hi there,

my 2003 superb 1.8t has recently developed a problem. the oil pressure warning keeps coming on. i've had the oil sensors changed, the oil flushed and changed, the sump cleaned and a new oil pick up pipe. the garage has checked the oil pressures when the car is running and say that they are ok, but the car keeps saying its not. has anyone got any ideas.

cheers, fastfreddie

• 5 weeks later...
Wy did they change the oil pick up and not the pump? Most common cause of oil pressure problems on the Passat/Superb/A4 mounted 1.8T's/

Does this not affect the transverse units fitted to the Golf/Leon/Octy etc?

It does seem to effect the sump arangement on the longitudinal engines more. A lot of the original problems stemmed from the mixing of semi and fully synth oils. Carbon built up was washed off by the additives in the fully synth oil and then they blocked the oil pick up.

Lummox, you may be able to confirm this but I have an idea that the transverse installation of this engine has a larger sump capacity. The cooling is probably better with a transverse sump too - I'm glad I have the diesel as the sump is effectively lagged by the undertray.

With all the fuel the 1.8 burns, the oil will get very hot.

rotodiesel.