Is Diesel Dead

Until I started this thread I was never aware that there were so many people who take the petrol/diesel thing so personnally. It's as if they actually despise people who drive a different car..

Step 3, Denial

change-curve-2.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two problems with LPG are continued uncertainty about how long it will be available at roughly half unleaded's price , and worries about damage to the engine.

Someone I know had a Jeep Grand Cherokee converted to LPG and it was very cheap to run (for a car of that size , obviously) but then engine problems started cropping up.

Neither the manufacturers or fitters of the LPG kit would accept responsibilty and he was without the car for months while the faults were identified , and a bill for several thousand pounds wiping out all the savings

I seem to remember reading somewhere that duty will continue to be half that of petrol/diesel until at least 2011...

Ah ha found it... Boost LPG - Homepage Complete will a pdf magazine with Hammond saying LPG is great.. :D

As for engine damage I saw a thread on another forum about an LPG'd ST that had to have a replacement engine after 50k on LPG, not sure what the cause of the failure was though.

As for the install in the Evo Megane it was really quite tidy, with both filler caps hidden in the one flap and tank in the wheel well.

cars have never been cheap to run in the UK, cheaper recently than just now but never cheap compared with anywhere except maybe a few (e.g.)Singapore, Ireland and Norway.

I presume you aren't just referring to fuel prices though. I can save 25% on diesel by just going over the border into Donegal, Ireland.

No it's nothing to do with it, it's the way you post. Your not inviting discussion more just making statements. I am not getting into the whole thing again but just though I needed to point this out as you seem a little bemused you have had such a reaction.

Sorry I offend you. It's not intended.

Your comment was so true. Some people do not like it when their beliefs are challenged, in denial and slipping toward anger.

We rise above it my friend.:thumbup: