issue with aerotwin blades

not long had some aerotwin bosch blades bought from a well known internet site, i have used them before without issues but it seems they have some imperfections or bumps in the rubber so they leave several lines along the windscreen as they wipe and its really annoying.

Anything i can do other than try to get some replacements out of them? I have tried cleaning them but to no avail, really need them at the moment with all the rain too.

Hi,

Get some 1500 water emery paper and try sanding the bumps, Please have them soked overnight in water before you do so.

This would be effective as i tried this effective on my normal blades and aero's are no exception.

Guest musky

I've got these and they don't fit the windscreen on the passenger side when parked causing wind noise - there appears to be no cure so I will get different ones any minute. I'm going to try the Valeo ones.

• 2 months later...

Fitted a BOSCH Aero aftermarket set (for original Octavia I arms). They cost 28€ vs. 25€ for the original set, brought little if any improvement. After 1 yr they seem worn. A local retailer (in NW Italy) had told me he didn't carry the BOSCH line any more as it wasn't good enough - couldn't believe my ears at the time, now I know better... Before long I expect to move on to an Octavia 2 diesel (currently: a '99 110 BHP TDI break, 214,000 km/133,000 mi, zero oil consumption, 5.8 L/100 km or 17.3 km/L or 48 mpg, unbeatable performance/cost ratio; the only problem was the wiper linkage).

I have some proper mk4 golf blades and there leave a few "lines", although when looking at the rubber I can't see any imperfections. It has not annoyed me enough let to warrant spending the money on some new rubbers. I got mine from vagparts, as part of a group buy and it did not seem worth sending them back.