Bonnet Open Sensor Faulty - a simple replacement?

Okay, so it is 11:45pm and my car alarm goes off - A number of times!

I have checked the car over and all is okay. However, I notice that the dashboard is flickering the outline of the car and then, bling, it shows that the bonnet is open - but clearly it is closed.

Is this a simple operation to replace the bonnet open sensor switch?

I presume it is a faulty switch but it is my only car, so if I can do it, that would save a lot time and hastle. (Having already borrowed my parents car several times last month I have already exceeded my quota)

Your kind assistance would greatly help.

Thanking you all kindly in advance.

Happy Driver

It might not be the switch.

Check the connection point behind the kick panel tri on the n/s. There is one screw behind a cap (phillips) and pop the trim off. Pull the carpet back and you will see the bundle of connectors. Check the very back one, its grey. Pull the connector apart and check the connections. The bonnet pin wiring goes through that plug and quite often fills with water when the pollen filter housing seal is leaking.

Lummox,

Many Thanks for your suggestion.

I followed your comments. There are alot of wires there!

Alas, no water in that grey plug, but I did notice that the carpet was quite damp, but I will put that down to the weather and feet bringing water in, rather than a leak - but something to keep an eye on for the time being.

I will keep a further eye on the bonnet sensor - may be it was just the connections in that grey plug after all.

Many Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Happy Driver