First Skoda, First vRS and AutoFinders!

Pinty

3 years ago SWMBO told me to get rid of my first mid life crisis car (Mazda MX5 1.8 Sport) and get something that was more practical. A few weeks later, a Vectra CDTi arrived and has proved competent at carrying her, my daughter and my dogs (the Mazda could only do one at a time). There is nothing wrong with the Vectra, it does nothing badly but it is very much an "average" car...

So as the Vectra nears the end of its lease (this Monday) the hunt began for something a little more exciting. SWMBO was equally appeased when I said that I was getting a Skoda (all the quality of an Audi for 10k less), an estate (suitable for not only dogs but also trips to Ikea) and another diesel (so sensible and economic)....;)

Yesterday, my vRS arrived!!!:D

It came via Autofinders who seem to have attracted a lot of discussion in this forum, so here are my observations...

1. They quoted the best price. My car with its toys has a mrrp of over 21k. Hopefully nobody pays that price but I have paid less than 17k for mine.

2. They replied to all communication (phone or email) that day or first thing the next day.

3. The finance deal I was quoted when the car was ordered (June) was not the same as the finance paperwork I signed this week. Paul (MD AF) has explained that this was due to the credit crunch and finance companies insisting on quotations being reproposed every month but the net effect is that although my monthly payments will be the same, the total cost of the car has risen by £200.

4. Would I purchase another car from them? In 3 years time, I will ask for a quote. Enough said!

So, it has rained since the car arrived! Not good! But once it stops, I will be adding a Lithuanian eBay sourced MFD3 to the dash (same as mannyo's). Paid just over £600 for mine and it arrived in less than 5 days.

I've posted a couple of pics on the "Wot no 58 plates" thread and here are 2 more for good measure!

24244.attach

Glad it arrived with you safe and sound yesterday, it did look fantastic when it turned up at the showroom here beforehand, we don't see too many Corrida Red estates around and so it was a bit eye catching!

All the best,

James :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

They are the 17 inch alloys. And, I think they look pretty good too! The 18's may look better still but I was grateful for the extra discount that was available by not ordering the 18's...

I know the ride is often commented on when comparing 17's and 18's and I can't compare my car with one equipped with 18's but I can say that my car certainly gives a good ride that is comfortable around town and firm during the bends!