Door strip removal?

TheDub

I cant really decide whether a Black Fabia vRS or Silver is best to get with regrads to the door bump strips?

I guess with a black car it would be ok cause th estrips ar allready black, but if i went for a silver car i'd either have to get them painted or removed.

Is removing easy or is it best just to get them sprayed?

I would not do without these unless you never ever park in a public access car park!

Worst is kids getting out the back of cars - open door, slam into the side of yours. :eek: The rubber strips have saved the day on many occasions on both my old and current Fabia.

Ok the car might look different, but it will also get dinged.

Just MHO.

I had a 1.4 8v Classic in 2000 and had them fitted before I collected the car.

I never regretted having them on and would have had them fitted to the vRS if they were not standard items.

Recently had a loan car that didn't have them at the car looked like it was missing something.

If the door handles were body coloured then I could see the benefits of removing or spraying them, but as they are black they work together quite well.

• 2 weeks later...