Underneath Gear Leaver

Today while i was trying to figure out how to get the gearstick off i was having a look at the gear leaver ball bit and noticed that there seems to be a plate with 2 nuts at each end and appears to be rubber mounted as well, whilst i was driving i noticed that it moves slightly, is this normal or should i think about tightening up the nuts ?

thanks

You will always get a bit of "tilt" on the gearlever assembly when you power off or on - as the power unit has a nice soft nose mount. I would not tighten up anything that you find, even although you will probably find that these nuts are tight already. Lots of nice soft rubbery mountings means that most of the noise and vibration are left behind the firewall etc and not transmitted into the passenger compartment.