Skip to content

rum4mo

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I got a similar reply from them when I asked the question, though they did say that they had talked to VW Group about this and were assured that the driver will get adequate warning indication and so so stop quickly. They did add, back then, that as it currently did not trigger any action going by their prescribed guidelines for taking action, they would still be keeping an eye on how often this was occurring - and considering any change on possible future action based on that. So I'll always advice that owners report to them every time this happens. Edit:- I'd hope that there will be a tipping point where/when DVSA do demand action from VW Group before someone gets fried.
  2. I'd think that the only way to get anything from VW Group at some time in the future, will be to report this failure via the DVSA website - doing that might, just might, eventually get UK Gov to point a gun at VW Group over this issue!
  3. I think that generally the consensus is to run with fixed servicing periods, yes you'll probably get more miles/£ (of your service costs) by running with flexible - but other wear and tear items might need extra cash in an unpredictable way. Flexible servicing usually only works for new cars that get high usage - then moved on after a couple of years.
  4. Yes, a version of Krytox has been the correct "thing" to use on these door seals to stop this sort of noise AND freezing up in tricky winter conditions. VW Group call it gummi pflege.
  5. I'd think that ferrite beads on the supply wire could help - Skoda dealership should have known that this would be an issue as lots of people on VAG motoring forums have been reporting it for years.
  6. @thamestrader yes I know that but it seems like replacing the fluid can allow any circulating "bits" to get dumped out - while VW Group maintain it is not required. I was only speculating that having the fluid changed might, just might have meant avoiding this issue - although if it is the accumulator developing cracks then nothing would have avoided that in the initial build of the Mecha unit. Edit:- though you are talking about aspects of DSG use that, as someone that has yet to use one, has always concerned me, maybe without any good logic or reason.
  7. My mate told me today that his April 2019 VW R-Roc 1.5 150PS DADA's DSG - which will be the DQ 200 (dry clutch), at roughly 67,000 miles, handed out its first trans fault warning this week, his DIL who tends to use it most of the time, lost all drive, pulled into the side of the road, cycled the ignition and that sorted that out - for now. It has been taken out of use until it can get looked at. From what he told his VW Group Indie workshop, they are speculating that it will be a case of mecha unit out and sent away for repair - and they said "don't drive it now". Would oil and fluid changes have avoided this, who knows, probably just another accumulator casing failure! Cars of that age were meant to have benefitted from a slightly increased accumulator wall thickness, so maybe so other failure.
  8. Not much wrong with messing with cars when you are 76, keeps the brain active with the many challenges you meet and hopefully beat! Edit:- a big 👍 to getting it sorted though.
  9. I think that "he came, he asked a few questions and got some help" - now he has no need to bother!
  10. I was in my local Skoda dealership to collect a new Lambda connectors mounting bracket as I broke a tang on my wife’s 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI while replacing the post cat probe - so I just opened my wallet and bought a new filler cap seal. The parts guy said that this seal does not move quickly - the one that I bought had been waiting to get bought for about a year!
  11. I've read many times that you can easily work out which one is faulty - by listening to them - that has never ever worked for me over a total of 6 VAG cars! VCDS does let you know which one has failed, as will a few other VAG compliant scan tools. So, has anyone successfully managed to find the faulty one by listening to them while they are operating? Second "detection" option is by feel, ie finger tip - again, doesn't work for me annoyingly!
  12. Yes the water pump is on the gearbox end of these engines. Prompted by the picture of the broken key blade, I checked up on the Skoda parts list for this age of Fabia - and the key blade is not available as a spare part from Skoda - surely that is crazy as it is fixed in place by a tiny spiral pin! So that just leaves buying a new blade from another source and no doubt there will be plenty even although aftermarket key blades, its seems, are made from harder material - so cutting it to suit the car's locks will be harder on the key cutting machine.
  13. You really need to find out where the coolant is leaking from, you can't just blame the reservoir for leaking unless you already can see that it is. Maybe include your engine type/code.
  14. Compression test next, just to establish that pistons/cylinders are okay.
  15. @thamestrader , get in there quick and change the "29 inch rims".

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.