How long does it take for a log book to come through?

MartynVRS

I bought my vRS on the 28th August but I am still waiting for the logbook to come through. It's been a month now and I'm starting to worry a bit. I've even had a letter off the DVLA saying that I no longer own my last car which I sold AFTER I bought my vRS.

So how long should it take for it to come through? I'm not selling it anytime soon but I want to change my number plates as they were not put on straight and I don't like the dealer text on the bottom.

Thanks to all who respond.

Martyn

About two weeks usually. Really depends on the person you bought it off actually getting their **** in gear and posting the form to DVLA.

Best give the vendor a call and check they have sent it. It should not take that long

HTH

Nick...

two weeks max at the moment, but like golf-fiend says, it depends on when the seller sends it off to DVLA. Give them a call and see if they have the application yet - they will tell you.

If not, apply for a new one yourself - as long as you have the green slip from the v5 it's free...

they do say it can take up to 6 weeks

usually i've had mine back within 2 to 3 weeks

go onto their web site for more info

Don't suppose you have a link for this?

I just rang the bloke I bought it off and he said he sent it off the day after I bought it.