It's like a disco in there!

Leah

Hi guys, I need some help. I started my Fabia 1.4 16v Comfort (Y) for the first time in about 3 weeks this morning (yes, I know, but finances have meant only running one car for the time being, and hubby's was at the top of the drive!) and I've got two problems:

1) no power steering. Fluid level is fine, but steering is mega heavy.

2) dash lights are flashing like a disco when it's ticking over! I've got power steering, traction control & airbag lights flickering on and off like nobody's business, and an occasional audible warning to boot. I'd like to stress that these are all flashing randomly, not steadily (i.e. more on.....off.on.off..on...off than on...off...on...off) but that they are flashing permanently. The audible signal goes on and off when it feels like it. The battery light is also flickering occasionally.

I've got it on charge at the mo, in case the battery is a bit low on charge (though it started first time). Any other ideas? :confused:

Most likely the battery was low on charge, the power steering is electrically driven and will cutout if the battery level is low. The warning lights could also be due to a low battery. Hopefully once charged normaility will resume.