The control system for exhaust gases

Densedog

Hello again

Any one who has read my previous threads will know ive had some issues with leaking doors..paid 170 quid but now O.K.!

HOWEVER driving home today after a freezing cold night my control system for gases warning light came on arggggh. My car is now in "safe" mode and so wont rev above 6ooo:eek:. Any guidance on what to do?

I had an m.o.t and emissions test 3 WEEKS AGO and PAST so im rather peeved with this. :mad:

Any help will be really appreciated.

Do you mean the engine check light?

Whereabouts are you - thought about updating your profile with even a rough location? :)

I'd probably get a quick scan done with VAG-COM for any fault codes, hopefully be a member with the equipment who's nearby.

Steve

Its in the hand book page 34 as "control system for exhaust gases" The diagram on the warnings display looks similar to an engine or exhaust system. How much does it cost do you think? Just spent £400 3 weeks ago with m.o.t./full service/2 back door seals resealed. I live in worcester area south of birmingham.

You'll find a VAG-COM section on the forum. Put a post in there asking if anyone can help, in the Birmingham area. You can then hopefully get the car scanned for fault codes, which should help narrow down the issue.

Steve

Dont panic yet.Had this on a 1.4 Fabia (100 BHP) model a couple of years ago. Dealer plugged in and false alarm reset in seconds, evidently tempremental sensor.

Sods law I have just picked up last month a 2007 VRS SE, guess what driving home last night the same warning light has come on. Spoke to dealer yesterday, told if driving normally as it still is no major issues, just drop in as soon as I can. Advised simple fault 90% of time false alarm, I hope there right !! Strangely like you it was a very cold frost that day ??

• 4 weeks later...

An update... I went to my local garage as opposed to Startin (would have cost at least 80 quid). Got VAG-COM tested for 20 notes and reset the system (plus the next 1 for free). Turns out it was a misfiring controller for 1 of the pistons. Dodgy golf parts said the mechanic!

This happened originally when going through macdonalds drive through, earlier today it again popped on at the drive through. Is there a build up of ice in the fuel line when it gets below a certain temperature?

Glad u got it sorted dude. Staight line performance down on SPring Lane are good for VAG cars. Or I very often use RSM. Startin serviced Lissy last month - still payin the £600 bill!

What colour is your Furby? I live in Malvern link will keep an eye out for u!

Never heard of them - mite check them out. Straight Line is good but aaaalllllways busy! I have used RSM for ages now as they always seem to be able to fit me in and give me a "courtesy" car haha. I put over a thousand miles on one of their cars the one time i had it.

Only issues I've had with Lissy was the bushes needing doing - pretty expected with havin my coiles set to rock solid tho. Oh and temp sensor was causing difficult starting when warm. Other than that shes a little angel, best car I have ever had and I love her to bits.