service costs

aj1983

i have just been to skoda for a quote on service car has done 79.500 but want cam belt and rear brake pads they quoted me £1028 inc vat not sure weather a good price although they did just retrieve my radio code for free for me while i test drove the new skoda (wich is awesome). Went to see a m,ate who said he will do work for £500although no skoda stamp but he is a well respected mech and as my car is a taxi it is going to be worth next to nothing when i come to sell it so is it worth me paying twice as much just for a skoda stamp.

Independant will slash that to £600 or less, or if you can diy the service will cost you £80 for parts at GSF this will be all filters and more than the Skoda service would ever do, brakes will cost around £100 for discs and pads, and the timing belt kit and water pump comes to about £100, you will need to get this fitted though, if you ring JKM site sponsors they do the belt inc parts for about £350 iirc, but best option or cheapest is to do the brakes and service yourself at parts cost and have the belt done at a garage, Skoda charge £450 iirc for the belt change.

O you could ask Lummox if he wants to do it all, where are you located?