traction control and power loss

Anyone got any quick suggestions on what's going on here? I've got two, possibly separate, problems with my '01 Octavia 1.8T...

Firstly, from time to time my traction control system shuts down. Kill the engine and it restarts fine. What makes the traction control shut down like that? At first I assumed it was the brakes on the way out, but I've been driving it like it for 10,000m without any additional brake problems.

Secondly, every now and then on a cold start she has no power at all. Try and pull away and the revs fall through the floor. Again, kill the engine and restart and she's fine - or, strangely, turn off the traction control.

Am I missing something obvious, or is it time to plug her into some proper diagnostics kit?

Needs plugging in and scanning really.

Your cold start issue sounds like the same as a lot of people get, which still is a bit of a mystery and the best cure is too leave the car idle for minute before driving off.

Mine used too do it but doesn't anymore ????