17" or 18"

What goes besto on a VRS?

I've seen a few set of TT comps - but they look like they have been done to death - sen a set of BBS LM reps - but dont want to copy. I've seen a set of scabby 8x18" BBS Rc's in need of refurb!

18's too big? if not - then how low and what tyres??

I'd avoid 18s like the plague, if you want decent handling and ride.

I'm probably in the minority in running an alternative 16" wheel choice though. I've tried numerous 17" wheel choices, but for me a 16" wheel gives the greatest amount of feedback and that extra amount of sidewall compliance allows you to make better progress, IMO.

17s do look great and probably give the best combination of look and ride. I loved the look of mine on Spiders, for example. It's just that I've chosen to value ride more than looks :)

Steve

18's do go on, but with 215/35/18 tyres, which even budget brands such as Falken are over £100 each. Then as Steve says quite rightly, the handling and any ride comfort goes right out the window. I have 17's on mine which are a compromise between looks and handling. I love the way 17's look on a Fabia, but secretly I crave to be back on 16's as the handling is notably better.

18's do go on, but with 215/35/18 tyres, which even budget brands such as Falken are over £100 each.

I was quoted £64 each for Falken 215x35-18's at the weekend:confused: