VAT free Octy II vRS

Apologies if someone has asked this already (couldn't see it on quick look).

I see from ads in the press this w/end that Skoda are now offering the Octy vRS completely VAT free (so around £2k saving off list of new TFSI bringing it down to £15k OTR).

Does anyone know:

1) whether this offer relates to actual built (but not yet registered) stock only, or whether you can order new with your own spec (eg I'm after xenons)

2) whether these cars would all come with dual zone, 18's and rear elec windows as standard?

3) whether this offer will only relate to pre-facelift cars (ie before Superb steering weel/heating controls etc come in)

4) whether this is a manufacturer offer (and therefore should mean that dealers are able to offer an additional 5-10% discount over and above the VAT free offer?

cheers

vRSFred

Apologies if someone has asked this already (couldn't see it on quick look).

I see from ads in the press this w/end that Skoda are now offering the Octy vRS completely VAT free (so around £2k saving off list of new TFSI bringing it down to £15k OTR).

Does anyone know:

1) whether this offer relates to actual built (but not yet registered) stock only, or whether you can order new with your own spec (eg I'm after xenons) no factory orders ...

2) whether these cars would all come with dual zone, 18's and rear elec windows as standard?

3) whether this offer will only relate to pre-facelift cars (ie before Superb steering weel/heating controls etc come in)

4) whether this is a manufacturer offer (and therefore should mean that dealers are able to offer an additional 5-10% discount over and above the VAT free offer?

cheers

vRSFred

based on my discussion with my local dealer yesterday ...

just stock vehicles

all these features are now standard so you should get them

haven't heard anything about this

this is a skoda discount rather than dealer. I wouldn't expect loads more off yet though.

My dealer thinks they will get cheaper throughout 2009 as they gradually run them out.

According to the letter from my dealer received on Friday the discount is being funded 10% by Skoda and 5% by the dealer, so presumably it cuts into their margins - apparently they can also opt out of offering the discount - although in that case I doubt they would move many '08 cars!