Central Locking Fuse Removal

doggebreth

I have had a problem with my Fabia Estate unlocking randomly since it was 6 months old. As it is now out of guarantee I do not want to spend money letting the useless service agent replace parts without curing the problem - as has happened up until now.

I've previously had advice from this forum that has at least allowed me to speak with more authority to the garage but not resulted in a successful resolution.

Does anyone know whether I will be able to lock and unlock the car doors and tailgate manually if I remove the fuse?

I'm planning on using a decent independent to service the car in future and hope that they will ultimately solve the problem but until then it is unusable except to and from destinations where secure parking is available. The mechanism now operates itself so frequently that I fear the battery will be flattened unless I do something.