How do you change clock /temp display ?

Fee

Hopefully this should be an easy one . I just bought a '00 Fabia comfort and there is no owners manual. The display that shows the clock or the outside temp defaults to showing the temp and i can't work out how to change is to stay on the clock , which i would prefer ...any ideas ??

Also, any ideas where i can get a hold of an owners manual ??

cheers

Fee

Ahhhhhh - that makes sense because i have had some flashes of the time occassionally so i knew it was on that same display as the temp.......and the temp has been mostly below 4 degrees since i bought it last week. Thanks for the info .:)

On your windscreen wiper stalk on the tip there should be a push button for up and down this will go through to change the temp display to clock, current MPG, how mnay miles left in the tank, how many miles you done etc.

Hope this helps.

Fee,

Like mentioned above the clock will automatically change to the outside temperature if it falls below a set temperature. I thought it was if it fell below 5 degrees, maybe its 4. On my Fabia, which has cruise control, you can however change it back to the clock by pressing the button on the end of the right hand ( wiper ) stalk. This cycles thorugh the MFD ( Multi Function Display ) and will bring the clock display back up. I am not sure however if the stalks are different if the car does not have cruise fitted.

You could try your dealer for an owners manual. They should be able to help. Otherwise just ask any questions on here and make note.

HTH

Sorry mate!

No need to be sorry, we're all here to help each other. :thumbup:

I was away out to the car to check what side the MFD button was on because SWMBO had a mk4 golf and am sure that the MFD button is on the left hand stalk.

At the end of the wiper stalk you may have a button underneath too?

This will toggle between two memories - each displaying the same information but number 2 memory does not get automatically reset when you start a new journey so it will show the data for up to the last 100hrs driving. You can reset either of the memories by holding the button underneath in for a second or two.

• 1 month later...
My Fabia defaults to showing the temp only if the temp is +4'C or below.. Otherwise it shows what it was set to last time..

Brilliant, thank you :)

I picked up my 02 Fabia on Friday and have found how to set the clock, and read the bit about it staying on the last function selected... but mine kept reverting to the temp as well... and seeing as how anything over 4 degrees has been unheard of for the past couple of days, all is revealed! :)