Sat Nav

Skoper

30 available? Sounds a bit high to me...

First thing to try is a "reboot", so disconnect the power plug and leave it for a bit. Then it's a case of checking software versions, but as I'm not too familiar with the DX perhaps someone else could offer more advice.

Assuming it's hardware related, I'd check the connection to the GPS antenna at the back of the unit, if that doesn't work I'd bet on a new antenna.

For a change, I'll slightly hijack this thread :o

Do you, Baker? How did you get around it if not?

As I retro fitted my DX unit you basically plug in a little GPS antenna that you can put anywhere you like, mine is behind the glove box on the front cross member......

If this user has one of these then there may be a problem with that part, or if it's an OEM aerial mast on the roof then has this been tampered with by a car wash or anything?

It was factory fitted I assume. It was on it when got it at three years old! Seems the dash will have to come out to get at anything!

If that is the case and you have a proper OEM Sat Nav based aerial on the roof then there must be a connection problem or an aerial problem..........:(

It was factory fitted I assume. It was on it when got it at three years old! Seems the dash will have to come out to get at anything!

Baker's right about the aerial, but I think you'll find you can remove the stereo with Kenwood or JVC release keys.