fabia headunit

I had a screen in mine for a while, the wiring was a mess though and backfed my convienience unit causing my remote locking to stop working.

Its good if your parked for a while or waiting on someone, just get a dvd on the go.

You'll find most will go straight in but you'll have to get the little plastic surround.

I replaced the headunit in my fabia the day after i picked it up. Got the 'facia adaptor' or whatever they call it from halfords, i think it was around £13.99 or something, really expensive considering what it is.

Fabia's (or all Skoda's, VW's etc) use the standard ISO connections aswell so no need to spend £10+ on a wiring kit.

I got mine from halfords and they were offering free fitting on that particular head unit, some others are £9.99 upto £19.99 for fitting. I went for a Sony one that has bluetooth built in so i can reciever calls through it (microphone built into the unit, and sound obviously comes through the speakers). I've used it a few times and people say they can't notice that it is hands free apart from the obvious road/engine noise.

I Got the 'facia adaptor' or whatever they call it from halfords, i think it was around £13.99 or something, really expensive considering what it is.

Should of got it from the dealers i only paid about £3 ish and fits a lot better than the Halfrauds one.

You will also need to swap the red and yellow wire around

Edited by red-devil

If by "straight in" you mean will simply plug into the wiring loom left behind by the factory stereo, then probably none. But I installed a Pioneer unit and I have to say the fuss was "relatively" minimal. Got an aerial adapter, aerial booster (from Halfrauds), a fascia adapter (from Skoda), swapped the yellow and red wires around on the Pioneer, connected the blue wire from the Pioneer unit to the aerial booster, and then hooked up the stereo connectors to the car's connectors as shown in the manual. Job's a good'n.

Simple as that. :)