Fabia VRs Mudflap Guide Help.

:confused:

Hi Guys,

Don't suppose anyone has the pictures that go along with the guide on how to adapt the MK1 Fabia VRs so standard mudflaps fit the rear? Or a copy of the full guide?

If you could PM me that would be great....

Would be nice to try and keep the little VRs clean for more than 5 mins!

Thanks.

I havent got pics handy, but basically:

if you follow the rear wheel arch down, you will find the vRS rear bumper 'sticks out' a bit. You can see where the mudflap is supposed to slot in. Where it sticks out, the cut out won't go 'over'. The easiest is to just trim that excess down with a knife, I used a disposable hobby knife. The plastic is pretty soft so it is quite easy.

Another handy tip is to warm up the mudflap in some warm water for a while, this softens it and although I did not do this myself, it was a tip that someone mentioned helped.

It takes a bit of patience to align it, for the rest it is a matter of unscrewing a few things and screwing it back again afterwards. The screw at the bottom did not hold that well, so I used longer ones to replace them with.

If you have a car at stock suspension, you can do this relatively easily without taking the wheel(s) off. Otherwise, I'd recommend taking the wheel off to allow you to easily reach around :)