Cycle rack for fabia

Hi all

I need to get a cycle rack for 2 bikes (racers), ideally to be rear mounted on the tailgate.

What have people bought, and how good was it ?

I don't mind shelling out for a good one if

• it fits
  • it's safe
  • it's easy to put on/take off

Thoughts ?

Cheers

Rick

Most people I've seen end up putting them on the roof. I think there will be mounting issues as the rear spoiler gets in the way of the straps that hang onto the top of the boot door. Else you can go towbar mount - but towbars aren't type approved for the vrs... not much help.

You must be able to fit two bikes inside with both wheels off

Can you get a roof one that doesn't need bars ?

Nope. AFAIK all roof mount bike racks require either bars or rails

You can get two bikes in a bike bags across the rear seats. Remove the seat bases so they fold fully flat

As everyone's said, you won't be able to get a rear-rack on the car due to the spoiler, this happens with a lot of cars these days.

I'd suggest putting them in the car (I can fit two bikes, several spare sets of wheels and two people's kit in mine for a weekend) or as has been said, a roof-rack.

The Pendle Site says that you can put a strap-on on, though I'm not too convinced it would work, even on a standard Fabia.

hi, i have a thule roofrack and the bike carriers to fit and i must say they are tremendous!! it took me about 10mins to put it all on the other day, once set up. well worth the money..

the carriers for the rear tend to put the rear hinges and hatch etc under alot of load for what they werent designed for!

hope that helps

chris

Hi.

I used a Halfords high level hatch mounted 3 bike rack on my Fabia vRS. 300 miles each way to Cornwall and back. Only problem I had was having the confidence to drive with the wheels overhanging the sides of the car and ended up putting them in the boot. The straps scratch the spoiler unless you pad them out with something.

I had some pictures somewhere...

hi, i have a thule roofrack and the bike carriers to fit and i must say they are tremendous!! it took me about 10mins to put it all on the other day, once set up. well worth the money..

the carriers for the rear tend to put the rear hinges and hatch etc under alot of load for what they werent designed for!

hope that helps

chris

Sounds good - I looked at Thule and got totally confused by the multiplicity of parts and options .... Where did you buy 'em from ?

Sounds good - I looked at Thule and got totally confused by the multiplicity of parts and options .... Where did you buy 'em from ?

for a Thule roofrack you'll require these parts:

Footpack - THL753

Bars - THL760

Fitting Kit - THL3003

Cycle Carrier - THL591

somene previously posted this site and said the prices were decent:

Roof boxes, Karrite roof boxes,Thule roof boxes, roof racks and bars, bike racks and cycle carriers, Snow chains.

I've just recently got roof racks for my fabia, just need to purchase cycle carriers now, I think you can get a cycle carrier for the tailgate on a standard fabia ie comfort as I have seen a couple around about the cycle area's of scotland but not so sure on the vRS.

Hope this helps?

• 3 weeks later...