Wheel Alignment and warranty

skodakid

Overheard the service manager moaning in the local Skoda dealership this morning that a customer complained about his tyres wearing on the outside edge. His moan was that warranty does not cover "adjustments" and so the dealer would be out of pocket by at least £90 for a tracking and camber check.

Is it true that Skodawouldn't cover this under warranty?

Nope, nor any by any other manufacturer. It's wear and tear and misalignment usually occurs through the steering/suspension taking a knock. It's a bit like asking the dealer to cover a scratch on your bumper under warranty.

My L&K had shocking camber on the rear wheels, it absolutely mullered the tyres on the inside shoulders - down to the canvas with 4mm on the other shoulder. I challenged a dealer about it and I practically got the two fingered salute.

My L&K had shocking camber on the rear wheels, it absolutely mullered the tyres on the inside shoulders - down to the canvas with 4mm on the other shoulder. I challenged a dealer about it and I practically got the two fingered salute.

Technical backup helps in these situations, i argue these topics quite successfully for my customers..... thing is it's not up to you to explain why it's wrong now, it's up to them to prove it was right before?