Auto Windows Enable?

installed freedos on a hp nc6220 lappy that has a serial port. run vds-pro and tried all 4 com ports. still doesnt pick anything up. I have a licensed version of vag-com that works fine. any ideas anyone?

Make sure you have the connection setup as 9600 baud rate at a fixed rate as in screenshot below.

vds2.jpg

Go >>>> here <<<< and download a win98se ramdrive boot cd image, burn and boot from it, your nc6220 has a cd-writer so shouldn't be a need for a floppy image.

Edited by allclownsareevi

Make sure you have the connection setup as 9600 baud rate at a fixed rate as in screenshot below.

vds2.jpg

Go >>>> here <<<< and download a win98se ramdrive boot cd image, burn and boot from it, your nc6220 has a cd-writer so shouldn't be a need for a floppy image.

Thanks mate. Tried it and tried out all com ports at fixed 9600. Still no luck:mad:

Spent most the day on this and borrowed someone elses lappy and no luck. Could it be the cable?

Thanks mate. Tried it and tried out all com ports at fixed 9600. Still no luck:mad:

Spent most the day on this and borrowed someone elses lappy and no luck. Could it be the cable?

I guess it could be the cable. You have turned the ignition on right matey? To power up the CCM?

Well if you didn't before, you will now ...... although you'll never admit it. :rofl::thumbup:

Edited by allclownsareevi

Got mine from here but before you do may want to try the win98 boot disc, it's not too common but freedos has been known to utilise com ports differently on occasion. For a 3 meg download, a blank disc and 5 mins of your time it's worth checking out.

Got mine from here but before you do may want to try the win98 boot disc, it's not too common but freedos has been known to utilise com ports differently on occasion. For a 3 meg download, a blank disc and 5 mins of your time it's worth checking out.

I actually done as you said as soon as you posted the win98 boot disc post. Downloaded and burnt ISO onto a CD, run the install and run vdc pro from the HD. Might try another lappy (borrow one from work). Would the serial port need to be configured from DOS first. I disabled most things from the BIOS too.

I actually done as you said as soon as you posted the win98 boot disc post. Downloaded and burnt ISO onto a CD, run the install and run vdc pro from the HD. Might try another lappy (borrow one from work). Would the serial port need to be configured from DOS first. I disabled most things from the BIOS too.

You can alter com port settings in the BIOS but if you've already tried two laptops I'm guessing it is indeed the cable, odd though from what I can gather most serial cables will work. Anyhow that link a few posts back will point you in the right direction.

Thanks dude. Both lappys i have tried were HP nc series ones. Will try to pickup a old samsung with a serial connection and try my luck with that. If that doesnt work then i will go with a new cable although i am in agreement with you, it will be a long shot. With summer approaching having total enclosure is a God send

Tried an old samsung laptop, installed dos on it, tried everything again and guess what:confused:

You guessed it, didnt detect at all.....:mad:

The cable i have has 4 pins that that connect to the car socket. Was woundering how many you had? I will persist untill i get this connected. The software looks like a DOS version of VAGCOM. If VAGCOM works, just cant see why this doesnt work.:confused:

May well need to invest in the same cable you have. Eventually it could be added to your excellent guide:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, got the cable (has more pins than my previous cable), still doesnt work!

Tried all com ports and set to debug mode that gives the following message:

Error

Stimulation interrupted, reason:

Synchronbyte not received (t_rkmax)

Anyone any ideas?

Well I've done a few like this, and have re-read the instructions I posted and they're spot on. Not sure what else to tell you man. Can't see the procedure being any different on the 1.8t because the ccm is the same, and that's the bit you're altering.

• 2 weeks later...

OK at last, its working!!!!

All the windows go up and down and the second click. Scapped everything and started again.

Anyone in the east london (near startford area) need this done then by all means PM me.

OK at last, its working!!!!

All the windows go up and down and the second click. Scapped everything and started again.

Anyone in the east london (near startford area) need this done then by all means PM me.

Good lad, any idea what was going wrong in the first place?

Naa mate, strapped everything, got another lappy and installed dos, tried again with the configs and all worked. Maaan you can sho off with this especially when opening all the windows when i unlock....