02 Octavia VRS - What oil?

Fixed or variable servicing intervals dictate the oils you can and can't use.

I use Castrol Edge 5w 30 which is a long life oil for variable servicing. I am on fixed service intervals and could use cheaper oil but I like the idea that the oil has plenty of life left long before I change it :thumbup:

What engine? Diesel or petrol?

It's an 02 vRS matey...there all petrol!

You can use any oil that meets the specification of VW 503.00/503.01/505.01/506.00/506.01. Usually states it on the back on the bottle.

Castrol Edge mentioned here meets that, but there are a lot of brands that do nowadays. They will most likely be a 5w/30 or 5w/40 grade oil to narrow your search.

And just by chance National tyres are doing oil and filter change using upto 7 litres of castrol edge 5/30 for £34 less 10% if booked online ,booked mine in for tuesday morning I cannot go out and buy the oil and filter for that let alone change it and dispose of it

Edited by rudder