Knocking noise from rear - I think

ok, my car (Fabia VRS) is 3 year old 30k miles, I have I rather anoying knocking noise that seems to be coming from the rear of the car that occurs when traveling on roads where the surface is not perfect, it does not do it over speed bumps though!

I have read a few threads saying that it could be the rear seats or possibly the exhaust rattling.

I have tightened up the rear seat rubber stops and put tape on the hooks that hold the seats back.

I have not checked the exhaust yet.

Any ideas what this may be, the threads I checked did not particularly say the problem had been fixed.

Any info is greatly appreciated as it rather annoying and embarrasing to a degree as it's not an old car yet it sounds like one sen as the roads round here are not very good for the car. i.e. not perfectly smooth