Does anyone water cool?

Phil-E

Deionised water conducts electricity very poorly which makes it good for use in a PC. I had a leak on one of my early setups. Things got wet but nothing ever died. But don't go submerging anything, I said it conducts poorly not doesn't conduct. ;)

Hehe.

Yeh that's why I chose it as well as having less crap in to coat the insides of the water blocks etc.

Any progress with the reserator? You weighed it etc yet?

Thanks

Phil

As usual everything seems to happen at once. Got enough cardboard from work today to wrap it up, but I've been fighting a wasp nest in my kitchen roof. I'll get it wrapped up tonight and send you a PM.

Ah thanks. Not rushing you or anything don't worry... I think getting shut of some wasps out of my loft would be my priority too! hehe

Really appreciate it anyway and will buy you a beer on the way up to my mum's in Skye next time! hehe

The reserator was VERY hot earlier on with temperatures in the room of around 26c and playing GTA IV and The Sims 3 for a few hours althought the system wasn't running too hot. I have now moved it from underneath the desk too to get some more air flow round it! lol

Phil

Right. Well recieved the second reserator today. Thanks big_dave! :thumbup:

So here she is... standing tall with the other one.

ONly just had the system on for 10 mins so no idea what difference it will make in temp... but could take a while to heat up as there is now a grand total of 5 litres of coolant pumping round! :eek:

IMGP0762800x600.jpg

Phil

They are huge... I mean the Antec P180 isn't a small case by any means and they're taller than that!

I think we will be able to turn the radiator off in that room in winter now anyway! hehe

Phil