how to fit s3 mirrors and upper strut brace????

is the strut just a case of drilling and just using self tapping screws??? and the mirrors are fitted with just 1 single torx bit on the s3 will i be able to use this on my mk1 octavia vrs or is there another way round it???? your help wud be much appreciated thanx. also have an s3 maf what sorts of gains or benefits is there to fittin this to my vrs :confused:

Strut brace needs to be drilled and you can either use M8 or M10 bolts. I used M8 as you don't need to be so accurate with the drilling.

You need to insert bolts from underneath and use washers and bolts above. Self tappers from above will probably rip out within a short space of time.

Cant help with the S3 mirrors.

Don't think there will be any gains with an S3 MAF tbh. I'm not even sure it will fit on the tip.

Guest westallc

if you fit the s3 maf you will cause issues with the running should only be used when running either k04 or bt as its 3inch also your tip wont fit it:O

so s3 maf = ebay

if you fit the s3 maf you will cause issues with the running should only be used when running either k04 or bt as its 3inch also your tip wont fit it:O

so s3 maf = ebay

ye just tried to fit it an realised its a bit to big but not to worry will put it somewhere safe for future use :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

change of plan, due to wanting a vw camper the s3 wing mirrors are'nt going on i was just wonderin wot wud be the best site to sell these on does anyone know adresses for owners club sites etc?? thanx