Mobile phone not always pairing

Hi

My moble phone and columbus unit have been getting on fine for the last 6 months. Jump in car, turn on car, pair up, chat happily and so on.

Previously I could get the last calls, phone book etc up by using the phone (symbol) button on the steerring wheel and the roller switch.

Over the past 2 or 3 weeks 1 or other of the items has decided not to play all the time. The phone setings have not changed in terms of bluetooth output, but i dont always seem to get a pairing.

What is stranger is the screen on the phone says it is paired , it gives the 'skoda' and other letters on the screen, but when you press the phone button on the steering wheel no phone function comes up. Go to the menu (on car dash) and no phone options come , all the others, MFI, set up etc come up.

Then the only way to make a call is to press the phone button on the surround of the columbus screen and then all the functions work, such as phone book, but somewhat makes a non-sence of the hands free thing with the steering wheeel buttons. (given this it must have paired)

Is this the start of a glitch?? - I use the phone loads as I travel all over seeing people and sorting things out for them so it would be an issue for me not to have it, especially as I got it for that reason.

Anyone else experincing problems like this??

Brian

I had the same problem, the phone connected OK and was visible in the maxidot display until I started the engine then it disappeared and I could not use the phone buttons on the steering wheel but I could phone through Columbus.

My dealer Loders Yeovil said this was due to a voltage drop. They replaced the ignition switch and it now works perfectly.

• 8 months later...

Been monitoring this now for a bit and when you switch on the ignition and look at the MFD display all the opt are there inc phone. Turn the key to start and it goes away - sometimes.

Turn the engine off, count to 3 and turn on again, sometimes it reconnects.

Sounds like a similar problem - due a service soon so will get them to fix it.

Thanks for the info

Brian

It's a known fault. I had it on my Supreb 2 quite soon after taking delivery at the end of October 2008. As the model was very new then it took my dealer, Progress in Letchworth, a couple of attempts, but they got there in the end! Good service from Progress by the way. It's the ignition switch. Get it replaced and away you go.