Automatic Gearbox Trouble

Hi .... I own a Skoda Superb 2.5 V6 Automatic ... had the typical water ingress problem ... water on the drivers side ... as a result the car would start up fine ... but I could not shift to R or D position ... the workshop changed the Brake Pedal Sensor and the car now shifts gears but will not move when the gear is selected ... I also have the ABS Light and the Engine Triangle Light ON ... the Skoda mechanics have been working on it all day ... but can't figure out the problem ... would really appreciate if anyone who has had the water ingress problem and similar symptoms would help ... thanks in advance ...

Thanks for the help ... The workshop has diagnosed the problem with the Convenience Control ... to start with ... will need to be changed ... then they will be able to diagnose things further ... let me know if there is anything else that needs to be checked ... they are also suspecting problems with the Gearbox ECU / Load Control ... if its screwed up ... they would probably hit me for about USD 2500 ... :mad: ... not going to be fun ... considering all I did is parked the car in rain for a couple of days ... is the Skoda Superb supposed to be used in the rain ... ????? ... lol ... they should put a caution note in the manual .... thanks again ... regards ...

Passat B5.5s and Skoda Superbs are not suitable for use in the rain.

If I had to park my car outside, I wouldn't buy one.

The golden rules are:

Never park facing uphill on a wet day.

Never let snow accumulate at the windscreen base.

Remove both plenum drain "bungs".

Re-seal pollen filter housing - the foam VAG use is useless.

Clean out plenum annually and use wax polish on the drain channels (gradient inadequate).

Never park under trees.

There is a service recall for the problem on some B5.5s - no such luck for the poor suckers with Skodas though. Details here:

http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9412&sid=d2c0434552c7053ff60b094b9aaf683d

Don't you just love VAG - this **** up has been going on for 10 years and they produced the Superb in the full knowledge of the defect. It's this (and other) examples of contempt for the customer which will ensure VAG never gets any more of my hard-earned cash. Ever.

rotodiesel.

Edited by rotodiesel

Hi ... Just got a USD 1000 equivalent quote for the Bosch Getriebesteuerung (Electro Hydraulics Transmission Control) 8D0 927 156 EB ... spares are obviously a lot more expensive in India due to import duties ... wondering ... is the Engine Control (ECU) and Gearbox Control in the same unit ... ??? ... and where the hell is the CCM located in that case ... ??? ... I am a bit confused .... would really help if someone could post a link for a guide to removing the "plenum drain bungs" ... as the Skoda Workshop will obviously refuse to do it for me ... but on the brighter side ... have owned this car for more than 2 years ... no trouble ... loved the ride ... now this has to happen to screw the whole experience up ... thanks and regards ...

The engine ECU, gearbox control ECU and the CCM are all separate units. The engine ECU is well positioned is a sealed box with drainage and seldom gives trouble. The gearbox ECU and CCM are on the floor and frequently get wet. Once wet for any length of time, any permanently live connections inside will corrode and the units are then beyond economic repair.

Have a look here for the drain details:

:: .:: WeirdLittleBiscuit dot Com ::. .:: Fixing Passat Leak ::. ::

Best of luck - this problem is an absolute sod.

rotodiesel.

• 11 months later...

Hi .... I own a Skoda Superb 2.5 V6 Automatic ... had the typical water ingress problem ... water on the drivers side ... as a result the car would start up fine ... but I could not shift to R or D position ... the workshop changed the Brake Pedal Sensor and the car now shifts gears but will not move when the gear is selected ... I also have the ABS Light and the Engine Triangle Light ON ... the Skoda mechanics have been working on it all day ... but can't figure out the problem ... would really appreciate if anyone who has had the water ingress problem and similar symptoms would help ... thanks in advance ...

I faced the same problem and we identified the problem with the transmission ECU I'm trying locate one but couldn't find one so if the problem is the same help me to find one also

Hi ... Just got a USD 1000 equivalent quote for the Bosch Getriebesteuerung (Electro Hydraulics Transmission Control) 8D0 927 156 EB ... spares are obviously a lot more expensive in India due to import duties ... wondering ... is the Engine Control (ECU) and Gearbox Control in the same unit ... ??? ... and where the hell is the CCM located in that case ... ??? ... I am a bit confused .... would really help if someone could post a link for a guide to removing the "plenum drain bungs" ... as the Skoda Workshop will obviously refuse to do it for me ... but on the brighter side ... have owned this car for more than 2 years ... no trouble ... loved the ride ... now this has to happen to screw the whole experience up ... thanks and regards ...

Where did you locate the ECU could you let me know the contact person so it help me to find the same

Isn't there a black sealed electrics box next to the servo?

I'd be checking that for water as well if I was you.

I checked the same and we found water in it. So I need a replacement of the ECU Part No. 8D0 927 156 EB