Camping near Filey/Scarborough

Phil-E

Hey there Folks.

Thinking of going camping one weekend fairly soon with a couple of friends and wondered if anyone has any recomendations for somewhere near Filey/Scarborough kind of area but possibly a bit further?

We don't want anything fancy and in fact would be just as happy with a spot where we can just pitch our tent without any facilities really.

Will get a date and anyone is welcome to join if they have nothing better to do.

Phil

Cool... will get a date set then and a place and will let you know.

I used to live in Brid but never been camping in the area before.

Perhaps if I went close enough it could be fish and chips from Jack's then a few beers at the tent.

Phil

Well spoke to my friend last night and we have agreed that it will be later on as I have a load of stuff on over the next few weeks so it is looking likely to be Friday 25th September.

It is quite late I know but we don't care and not bothered if it's raining etc as we have a water proof tent and gazebo and have waterproof clothes.

We are just looking to go and pitch up somewhere random and Danes Dyke cropped into the conversation.

Will let you know for sure nearer the time in case anyone wants to join in or just poke your head round the tent door for a drinky poos!

Will have to get the battery on charge for the inverter to run the fairy lights again! hehe

Phil

Well got me battery all sorted!

P1000911.jpg

Got some cigarette lighter sockets on there and an inverter with a remote control switch so I can just leave it in the boot of the car and run an extension lead outside.

The bunch of wiring is the remote switch unit and the relay I have going to the inverter. Works brilliantly. And don't worry got some nice thick wires to the inverter and the replay is switching the ground and not the live. There is probably going to be a maximum of 100 watts on this at one time anyway as it is primarily for running some fairy lights, a 12w energy saving bulb and for charging things like laptops.

Phil

This is probably going to be friday night although if others are coming then I can stay the saturday night too. My friend is working on that night so can't be there but like i say if others are joining then thats fine.

Phil

• 4 months later...

I'm from Bridlington, i'd say spring willows which is on the corner of a64 near the staxton hill shell and little chef.

new fish and chip retaurant there now called harpers.maybe on site of little chef.will check next time im passing?morrisonsnot far from here anyway

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

open when I past last weekend, they also run the chippy in Wetwang :)

TP

Hi Folks.

I've just joined this bloggy thing- never done it b4!

I live in Scarb and have eaten at the new Harpers fish restaurant. It's very good, if rather up market. Opposite, on the Staxton roundabout, there's a craft centre Spittal Farm. They have a very good retro tea room, but they close at 4 in winter (5 in summer).

By the way, my Snowmonster (I love that handle) is FANTASTIC!! - it's a 2.0 TDI 140 bhp Elegance in green, with sunroof - ex-demo model from Chapmans in Pickering. The greatest fun I've had on 4 wheels in a long time!