Found it at last

The Intercooler!!!

Never knew it was screwed to the front of the radiator and covers the whole front of it.(You are probally thinking i know...)

Question though: On the top front right hand corner of it there is a white screwed in cap.Is it possible to remove this and the IC pipes and flush it out? I wonder if that is its purpose there?

Sorry for dim question but just wondered if anybody knows?

Thanks

Oh damn better leave alone then :rofl:

I could see the 2 IC pipes going in at the bottom so presumed that was the Intercooler.So is the intercooler integral to the radiator?

3 layers on my petrol engine. The IC is much thinner than what you see protruding from the front of all the "fully sik " cars (I think you call them chavs over there).

The IC is the one in the middle.

AFAIK the intercooler is mounted low down in one of the 'bumper corners'.Can be seen if you get down low.Have only got a two layer set up for radiator and condenser.