New to briskoda!/ mk2 tdi vrs advice.

FOOLSGOLD

Evening,

Just like to say hello!

I live in bradford and I have a octavia vrs 04 in black which has covered 29000 miles,i am the second registed keeper which i have had since 2005.

Bought the car from Gorner skoda in warrington (which is now gone i think). fantasic family car (with plenty of kick when the kids are not in).

Thinking of may be replacing with a mk 2 vrs tdi to save on road tax.Has anyone any advice on the diesel? thanks for now Jimmy.:)

Hello and welcome. I've had the diesel vrs for just over 2 and a half years and still love it. Would definately recommend a test drive. Are you thinking of buying new or second hand? Will affect whether the PD or commonrail engine is fitted.

Welcome. Had both a PD and CR. The CR is considerably smoother and IMO easier to drive. Depends whether you like your kick during the rev range or a smoother drive. Having had both, I'd now opt for the CR given a choice.

Thanks for your advice but....

sorry to sound a bit thick, but whats PD and commonrail?

I would be looking to buy a second hand about a 06/07 plate.

thanks again jimmy.