Dog Bone Bush Replaced

Well, I replaced my dog bone bushes yesterday.

As I have found with most things on cars, the hardest part about fitting these, was actually getting the old bolts off and removing the dog bone, which wasn't too painful.

Once off, the bushes were easy to install (which suprised me!) Took me about 30 mins in total (to do the whole job of replacing).

Anyway..the reason I am posting is because I just cannot recommend this upgrade enough!! It's imporved the car in so many ways!

I used to have what I thought was slight hesitation with acceleration...I originally thought it was the fly by wire system being a fraction slow but now I know it must have been the movement in the gearbox/engine from the worn orginal bushes.

I also used to have a horrible sort of lurchy feeling when letting off the throttle after the turbo was just spooling...again, this is now gone!

Also, the gearchange is improved but again I can't stress enough the improvement this upgrade has made to the overall throttle response and driving experience!!

Best £20 I ever spent!

The only negative effect I am currently experiencing is the increased vibration, which is very noticable on tick over and at low revs (very bad when pulling away in first).

HOWEVER, I am sure this will subside once the bush is worn in a little.

I got my Powerflex bushes from Awesome GTI and for the money I don't think there is a better upgrade.

My car is a 51 plate Octavia VRS and has 43,000 miles on it...due to it's age I guess the old bushes were perished quite a bit and that is why I am feeling such an improvement.

Anyway, thought I would share my experience :)

Edited by johnnyknox

mr stuntman is correct, the superpro bushes have less vibration....if was doing mine again i would fit this one or the THS ones, i think jaymd is going to do a review soon.